Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Fun For Everyone

Old 11-03-2007, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey everybody, it was nice meeting new and interesting people here and reading their threads and posts, and then i had a curious thought, owning a tiburons are awesome! but what i'm wondering about you is what was your very first car you ever owned when you got a license? and i also wondered what number is your tiburon?

i'll start: when i got my license my first car was a ford contour gl, it was the crappiest vehicle ever, with 220,000 miles on it and serious overheating problem thank god it was out of my possesion, cuz i heard that it died out on the next owner (my dad) and will never start ever again

my tiburon is the fourth car i've own, hopefully for the rest of my life (oh i'll get another car for sure, but never will i give/sell away my baby)

and there you go, this is what im talking bout, i'd like to know your first car, heh just a curiousity of mine and thought it would be fun, not for laughs
although i dont know if this has occured here before, so i thought i'd start it over, big smile everyone!

please people dont make me sad 02.gif
Old 11-03-2007, 11:22 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

My first was a 1967 VW Bug, bought it for $300 cash! I loved that car and I wish I would have never sold it.

Here is the list of the others in order.

1979 Ford Thunderbird
1983 Mercury Cougar
1993 Ford Mustang
1971 Chevy Camaro
1970 Cadillac Sedan Deville
*1991 Plymouth Voyager
1996 Ford Mustang
1983 Mercedes e320 I believe, something like that I was living in Germany
1989 BMW M5
2001 Kia Sephia
1999 Hyundai Tiburon - Sold to Peter2150
2005 Scion XB - Traded in Sephia
2006 Hyundai Santa Fe - Traded in XB
2000 Hyundai Tiburon
2007 Hyundai Entourage -Traded in Santa Fe

From the Voyager on I owned two cars at any given time.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:37 PM

geez are you middle class or a bit richer or something!? in my family we never could afford any of those, the most expensive vehicle ever owned in my family was a nice pt cruiser owned by my dad, and he had 2 sell it for money, after he got fired that is, his pt cruiser was like a dream car finally owned and he was heartbroken to have to sell it
im now the one with the nicest car in family, and the one with most money (which is not much at all, i only work in a factory for godsake), oh well not complaing here, please do not go on feelin sorry for me lmao.gif
Old 11-03-2007, 11:47 PM

My first car was a 1995 dodge neon
Then after I flooded that I got my 2000 Tiburon
Then I got a 1987 Grand am Beater
That POS broke
so Now I got my daily Driver- 2003 Neon

But after I'm done with the tiburon for this seasons build I'd like to get something else, maybe an s2000, lifted truck, something RWD, dont care anything fun.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:47 PM
Banned

i got my license in 2001..

i have owned the following cars:

1991 eagle talon ESi (converted to TSi)
1997 eagle talon Tsi AWD (totalled so bought truck)
1991 F-150 (swapped in svt cobra motor and supercharger)
1991 ford temp (cuz i sold truck- gas was 7mpg lol)
1993 pontiac grand am (clutch and headgasket went out)

present cars:
2001 hyundai tiburon turbo
1998 dodge grand caravan
Old 11-03-2007, 11:50 PM

QUOTE (KustomizedTiburon @ Nov 4 2007, 12:47 AM)
But after I'm done with the tiburon for this seasons build I'd like to get something else, maybe an s2000, lifted truck, something RWD, dont care anything fun.

wait when done with it, you mean you gonna stash it away or sell it or what you gonna do? cuz that is a sa-weet ass car! prolly the best i've seen, i want the same body kit btw, was looking at that while shoppin things to swap on my car
Old 11-03-2007, 11:54 PM

1986 top of the line maxima (this was in 2k3)
91 saturn sl
96 neon, that suffered the brunt of my teething
2001 tiburon that i love to death, well besides the damn auto
1996 Eclipse spyder, it was my moms favorite possession,along with her spyderco knife lol, which i also have now. dad got the rest after mom passed away.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:55 PM

well since everyone had listed all their cars ill list mine then

ford contour gl
ford taurus gl (got that one from uncle so i myself can drive out of town for work)
dodge intrepid (bought from dealer cuz i got sick of ford, ford is the 1 car company i cannot stand whatsoever!)
then got my tiburon, the same dealer i bought intrepid from, i saw tib thru a fence while biking round town and it was love at first sight, lmao.gif also its the first tiburon i ever saw, really not much tibs in minnesota, i only saw 2 other tib in real life after i bought mine!
Old 11-03-2007, 11:57 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

my tiburon was my very first car. my tiburon is also very sentimental. it's a rememberance of the best times and the feelings involved with liking something for the first time in your life (a girl, or two, or three back then), a dedication to the deceased man who brought us into buying another Hyundai, my 83 year old dentist who first introduced me to the tiburon, who is rich as hell and still drives a tiburon and still works every day monday-friday at his office, to the first time my high school crush i never spoke to saw my car while driving and recognized me, and to the girl i'm in love with now.

i also have a huge love for the rally car shown in my signature hyundai made in europe in 1999 that i wouldn't know what to do without that is like an alter ego to me, fight hard almost win against all odds and in the end lose everything all because of one misjudged turn. laugh.gif

my family has been with nothing but hyundais since 1987 when i was 2 years old hheeehee. i loved those days and i love these days smile.gif

(and everybody tells me to chill out about the new rwd turbo hyundai sad2.gif)
Old 11-04-2007, 12:07 AM

you guys are cool