Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Found My Next Car

Old 02-26-2006, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As I am planning on moving up to upstate NY in a year or two.. I have been looking at small SUVs.. nothing serious like an explorer or a rover.. but something along the lines of the Subaru Baja... then I discovered this:

This is the New Suzuki Aerio SX4. There new version of the Aerio SX... it is a cute little suv, car based and supposed adequet for what it is.. then I discovered where it is made who who is making it for Suzuki.. Fiat.

So I give you this:

This is the new Fiat Sedici. Sedici means "16" in italian and is a play on the "4x4" As you can tell.. the only external differences are the front bumper, grill, driving lights, mirrors, side cladding, and badges. The fiat looks a LOT better than the Suzuki and I think it would be fun to drive down the road in a brand new fiat.

No, I would not be getting rid of my Tib. The spider can only be driven in the summer on dry days due to a fear of rust. I need a fun car for the other 90% of my driving.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:29 PM

Dont do it!!!
Old 02-26-2006, 05:35 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ Feb 26 2006, 07:03 PM)
it is a cute little suv

LMAO. you sissy
Old 02-26-2006, 05:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

looks like a midget car....

WAIT A SEC!!!!

lmao.gif

i actually like the looks of the aerio better. bigger bottom grill, and i think the paint scheme up front is better. i dont like the side door ding guards on either of them.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:49 PM

Suzuki Aerio SX4 is pretty nice.. looks neat
Old 02-26-2006, 10:59 PM

QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ Feb 26 2006, 04:03 PM)
This is the new Fiat Sedici. Sedici means "16" in italian and is a play on the "4x4" As you can tell.. the only external differences are the front bumper, grill, driving lights, mirrors, side cladding, and badges. The fiat looks a LOT better than the Suzuki and I think it would be fun to drive down the road in a brand new fiat.

The Fiat is actually a rebadged Suzuki. Not the Suzuki a rebadged Fiat.

In Europe, they get the Fiat Diesel, or the Suzuki Gas engine. Here in the states, we ONLY get the Suzuki gas engine.

It is built by Suzuki workers in a Suzuki Factory. They just shared the development costs with Fiat, and used the Fiat diesel to make it a success in the Euro market.

For about the same price, you could get a Tuscon/Sportage I4, but with the Tuscon, you could get a 5 speed manual. The Suzuki 4wd is ONLY available with a 4 speed autotragic slushbox.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:19 AM

QUOTE (Random @ Feb 27 2006, 12:59 AM)
The Suzuki 4wd is ONLY available with a 4 speed autotragic slushbox.

now that part sucks... and you are correct, I did more reading up on it. While it is made by suzuki.. it is also made in Hungary, one of Fiat's "Stomping grounds" so to say...

I will just leave it at "joint venture"
Old 02-27-2006, 08:12 AM

Fiat/Suzuki to develop SUV

Fiat Auto and Suzuki Motor Corp. will jointly develop a new SUV. Suzuki will build the vehicle at its plant in Hungary and will also supply the platform. Fiat plans to sell about 20,000 units of the vehicle while Suzuki will sell 40,000. Suzuki will develop much of the vehicle with Flat supplying the diesel engine.

It's built at Suzuki's plant in Hungary on Suzuki's platform. Fiat only supplied cash, and their Diesel engine.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:46 AM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

You could order the Sedici front bumper, and rock that in the states.