Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Formula One must be in North America

Old 04-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Formula One must be in North America

Formula One must be in North America, Renault F1 boss Flavio Briatore says.

Renault Formula One boss Flavio Briatore says that the sport must to return to North America after the Canadian Grand Prix dropped off the 2009 calendar. With Indianapolis also missing after the last event in 2007, Bernie Ecclestone is looking for an alternative venue.

"This is something we want to have, but in the right way," Briatore said Monday. "We had the experience of Indianapolis, and things weren't great. I know Bernie was working hard on this issue, but as well, it's not so easy. Negotiating for a race, especially in America . . . The people in America think that the most important thing is the show.

"Our show is not fantastic in this moment. I hope it's improving. Bernie knows we want to have a race in North America, and I'm sure he's concentrated and focused for that. In fact it needs to happen in the right moment and in the right town."

The Italian had a clear suggestion as to where the USGP should be held.

"Las Vegas," he said. "Indianapolis, it was only racing people there, there was no exposure at all. No newspapers were talking about F1 in America. We need to have television, we need to have the right town."