Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

First pics of 1200 hp Bugatti Veyron Supersport

Old 07-06-2010, 06:52 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default First pics of 1200 hp Bugatti Veyron Supersport

The car is being tested by Bugatti test driver Pierre-Henri Raphanel at VW's Ehra Lessien test track near Wolfsburg and the results are following - from north to south 434,211 km/h (269.806 mph), from south to north 427,933 km/h (265.905 mph), so for Guiness book of records 431,072 km/h (267.856 mph). Have recieved all this today, don't know about acceleration, but it is set to be better through all speed range.

Here are the first pics available:

Decent web translation of the first article from Bild.de:
The new Bugatti Super Sports is the fastest, most powerful and most expensive production car in the world. BamS reporter Timo Friedmann was exclusively present when the 1,200-horsepower machine at Wolfsburg speed record went. What announced the speedometer: read on!

On the last Saturday in June this gun will show their strength among the aces, just on the VW test track in-Lessien Ehm, just a jaunt from Wolfsburg. This will Veyron has 1200 hp, a mega-power increase, which have only the last 30 in the planned total of 300 models. The normally strong enough Bugatti Veyron 1001 hp to be the strongest among the strong can.

So far, the super car exceeding 407 km / h was fast. This is approximately twice the speed of a parachutist, before he opens the screen, but only the maximum speed of the third fastest production cars in the world.

Today should be achieved on the 21 km long with two steep curves Ovalrundbahn an even higher pace.

The conditions are perfect: temperature 24.2 degrees, humidity: 38.9 percent, air pressure: 1007 mbar, the wind was blowing at a meter per second.

First, the car is driven warm, with 200 cases, the costs of the four turbochargers only a purr. sufficient for such a relaxing trip and 200 hp and about 25 liters of fuel. That is enough for an eight-liter 16-cylinder engine, and finally he swallows at 365 km / h about 100 liters per 100 kilometers. However, the most powerful Bugatti ten percent more economical, weigh as completely built of carbon fiber and aluminum, 50 pounds less, so 1840 kg.

The super car, the driver of the record attempt, Pierre-Henri Raphanel, says he had to control as easily as a VW Golf, the Bugatti can hardly accelerate faster than the 1001-hp version. Despite all the power, despite improved aerodynamics and a separate cooler for the rear axle oil can not be outwitted the physics. Thus, the value remains unchanged from 0 to 100 km / h 2.5 seconds. In the sprint to 200 km improvements are possible, that is 7.3 seconds. And up to 300 km / h limit, because what is already pass, as little more than 15 seconds instead of the eternal 16.7 seconds.

Then break the four-wheel drive Bugatti on the record hunt, the pilot can roar the engine, the vehicle becomes a projectile. With 220 km / h, it rushes through the steep curve, in fourth gear, it brings momentum to the 10-kilometer line. The turbos ignite a storm that fired the engine, and the racer roars up.

Only one millisecond see, I hear the thing - as soon as everything went too fast. As a boxer I would hammer his rights on the ear, while the Left. I can hardly see anything, just a roar is heard, before me, the wind behind the guardrail almost sent to the floor. Then the drone disappears in the distance.

After ten minutes, it goes in the opposite direction away from the front, then the record statutes. I wonder if I had a similar experience before. No, nothing like it. First, I have never stood next to a jet fighter taking off, raises a second plane from already at 270 mph. After the ride is the result: From south to north of the Bugatti went 427.933 km / h, from north to south, 434.211 km / h. In the "Guinness Book of World Records' he is the future of the intersection of 431.072 km / h.

After the record run or ride follows a reporter on the side of the Pierre-Henri. She brought the following knowledge: 1 You have no world record ride, to feel much too fast. That would not have gone through my nerves. 2nd Also a four-lane, ten kilometers long straight is very, very narrow. 3rd I too have broken a record: the muscles in the neck from the tension at full speed cures for four days.

From a few more angles. Driver is P-H Raphanel and the passenger is journalist Timo Friedmann.

The best news of all:
There will be other color combos of course - bare CF cars, painted cars. I know that there will be better color combos and I really wonder why they painted test car in such combo, its a matter of taste, but this combo is definitely not for everyone.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

I would buy one for $30,000
Old 07-25-2010, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

hell if i could buy one for 30k i would too

i DARE anyone to make this kind of power and have it that comfortable and quiet and have it not cost HALF the veyron does