Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

First "american Test"

Old 02-27-2009, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

It won by a nose, but it won.

http://www.thecarblogger.net/2009/02/compa...chooses_26.html
Old 02-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

More of Genesis vs. G37. Video Review http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drive...rticleId=142826

found by HKC
Old 02-28-2009, 12:32 AM

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_li...e_3_8_road_test
^^^
HKC, read this one man, I'm sure it'll really piss you off.

They say there is no car cluture in Korea. That there are NO car guys in Korea. That they have no car history and NO racing history.

Car and Driver said that?

Wow. They really are stupid aren't they?
Old 02-28-2009, 01:07 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

the author of that article should be fired. that would get an F- at my school. it took me a while to make myself believe it's real. how come I can't get paid for 3 pages of bulsh*tting? his writing is barely readable, it hurts my brain.

"it's not prettied up?" "puh-leeze" "fumble the mission" "shod in summer rubber" "to satisfy if not electrify" WWTTTTFFFFFFFF how did this lunatic get a job with Car and Driver? no culture in Korea? what do they know about Korea, or culture? no racing history? man oh man they've got to be joking. if they're releasing articles like that, that must mean the whole magazine is full of it.

decap.gif

*Whoa I think I know what's going on. They don't want to give Hyundai the credit it deserves, or openly admit that it's a winner. When have you last seen a Hyundai in Car and Driver? Never? Totally biased.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_5wM_uiXUs...feature=related

Just look at this horrible horrible test driver! You call that a test? I call it amateur. What a horrible magazine.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:48 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Posting this here because it seems like the best place. Last night I was at the Milwaukee Auto Show. Now last year (some may remember) Hyundai did this huge display with really nice promo packs for the Genesis Sedan. With posters, info, and other stuff. As well as some other cool goodies. Well this year in my mind, they blew it. The Gen Coupe was not highlighted at all. They had only one there in black. I just wasnt impressed. The sedan was still more highlighted which I think was a mistake. Sure its still a beautiful car but they needed to focus more on the Coupe for me.

I hope other auto shows have something more for the Coupe. Milwaukee isnt a huge auto show by any means but Nissan had the GTR there, as well as some other big name cars so I would have expected Hyundai to do more this year.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:31 PM

^i think the genesis sedan needs to be "used and abused" the most this year though. if 2009 is THE year of any hyundai model it's the Sedan. the reason they're doing this is because the sedan had to be available in 2008 to win the 2009 car of the year and also it's the logical thing to do, they always release a car in Q3.8.

that being said, expect them to do something better or the coupe next year. 2010 will be the year of the Coupe. if they blow it next year, they've blown it with the coupe. i think it's smart on their part not to rush into things but let things happen and once people have heard, seen, and gotten word on ratings, then next year they can get more up close.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:42 PM

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Feb 28 2009, 01:07 AM)
the author of that article should be fired. that would get an F- at my school. it took me a while to make myself believe it's real. how come I can't get paid for 3 pages of bulsh*tting? his writing is barely readable, it hurts my brain.

"it's not prettied up?" "puh-leeze" "fumble the mission" "shod in summer rubber" "to satisfy if not electrify" WWTTTTFFFFFFFF how did this lunatic get a job with Car and Driver? no culture in Korea? what do they know about Korea, or culture? no racing history? man oh man they've got to be joking. if they're releasing articles like that, that must mean the whole magazine is full of it.

decap.gif

*Whoa I think I know what's going on. They don't want to give Hyundai the credit it deserves, or openly admit that it's a winner. When have you last seen a Hyundai in Car and Driver? Never? Totally biased.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_5wM_uiXUs...feature=related

Just look at this horrible horrible test driver! You call that a test? I call it amateur. What a horrible magazine.

"Shod in summer tires" is actually correct.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/shod

Main Entry:
shod Listen to the pronunciation of shod
Pronunciation:
\ˈshäd\
Function:
adjective
Etymology:
Middle English, from past participle of shoen to shoe, from Old English scōgan, from scōh shoe — more at shoe
Date:
13th century

1 a: wearing footgear (as shoes) b: equipped with tires2: furnished or equipped with a shoe

I know what you were thinking, shoddy.

They know nothing about Korea obviously. Nothing at all. That's sad. They did give it a great review though, they just have no clue.

I think the car shows this year will be minor with the Coupe, it's already popular, and there just aren't many out at the dealers yet or enough to give the shows a bunch of them.

Bet you we'll see them soon.

Also, none of the smaller auto shows will have much of anything.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:51 PM

^right on. i'm taking a media class now that makes me look at things differently. that technique could just be an attention-grabber at work there. sort of like Star Magazine but with cars.

i was checking out a few forums to see what their owners have to say. i'm impressed, a few have bought GCoupes already! there's more congratulating than upsetting going on, of course there is still a LOT of stupid haters. goodness, i didn't know this world was riddled with so many people who were dropped as infants. or as i say, "Joe's Apartment".

most of SVT Forums and Supra Forums are giving us credit while the rest is still shocked at why our name is written on their forum. funny what people are saying though.

i hope we get some awards now. and win Pikes Peak--that would be killa.