Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Dumbest Civic Ever

Old 12-27-2006, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: car

So me and my buddy are out at our local Best Buy in CountrySide. He has some kid with him from Philidelphia who thinks he knows about cars, but realistically just played NFSU2 a bit tooooooo much. So after messing around with him for a little while to show him he knows nothing, we spy us a 1999 Civic.

First thing you notice: Your average body kit that looks like a deadly weapon with poor fitment...
Second: The MASSIVE spoiler on the back necessary for reaching speeds excess of 74mph safely.
Third: Big stickers for TOP SPEED CHICAGO all over it. Given, they are a worthy enough shop, but his car isn't.
Fourth: "www.DriftCenter.com" sticker on his back bumper...

Now, at this point, NFSU boy goes
"So what, I have a civic at home that I drift with!"
Me - ".......I have 3" Thinking he's joking...

So a conversation goes on making me realize this kid really is dumber than I thought. Blah blah blah

Last thing we notice, which is just the cherry on this horrible japanese plastic wreck of a sundae, ITS AUTOMATIC!

"Hey guys! Wanna go drifting in my FWD CIVIC with NOT ENOUGH POWER and an AUTO TRANS?? It'll be great!"
Just thought I'd share wink1.gif
Old 12-28-2006, 12:51 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

lol thats nothin i had this kid try to tell me about changing the rods and lifter in my tib lmao.gif
Old 12-28-2006, 01:09 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

NFSU boy is the philadelphia guy? or the civic owner?

haha... man give him a few years. NFSU will turn into some Supra. i didn't know what a McLaren was until NFSII.

but some kid shouldn't be talking if he doesn't know what he's talking about. that'll teach him not to do that.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:48 PM

Who said u cant drift in a FWD Auto Civic...What you do is:

1. Wait until it rains (less traction, doesnt need as much power)
2. Go somewhere where you have some space if you screw up
3. Go around the corner put the Automatic into Neutrual, plant yout foot on the accelerator, drop it back into drive, yank the handbrake up, turn the wheel and try to control the car lmao.gif
4. After a few "drifts" call the tow truck to get your car taken back home and order a new gearbox lmao.gif lmao.gif

Man..ive seen quite a few ppl that think they know a lot by watching FnF and playing NFS.. then you go out and prove them wrong.. laugh.gif i spose you have to start learing somewhere, but at least dont try to stand out thinking you know everything laugh.gif
Old 12-28-2006, 04:27 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^ osv haha, towtruck after a few drifts laugh.gif

in WRC, Formula 2 and JWRC cars drift all the time but only for a second or two, then they just slide haha.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:04 PM

haha yeah..you would need to replace your gearbox after you Rev the engine while in neutral and smash back into drive..My friend got jelous of seeing us in manual cars doing burnouts so he puts the car into reverse gets the car rolling backwards, puts it in neutrual, revs the sh1ts outta it and puts back into drive with his foot on the accelator..the poor FWD strugles so much but does the little burnout laugh.gif

But anyway..if you want to drift..or at least get the back out on corners, buy a RWD and you can have all the fun you want.. laugh.gif laugh.gif

There is another good idea with FWD, its best to do it on wet but works on dry roads aswel, try putting some trays or even plank of wood under the back wheels, drive on them, put the handbrake up so it locks the back and there you go, your back is outta control laugh.gif it only lasts for a few moments cos it burns the hole in it pretty quick..You could try doing it on some steel plate or something, but it would make sparks laugh.gif

here is a little video of some guy doing the stuff (go all the way to the end for the trays cos his burnouts are pretty bad): Prelude Burnout
Old 12-28-2006, 09:10 PM

Vehicle: 1992 Honda Accord EX

That's why I love concrete tracks. The rubber sticks soo well to it.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:42 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Or you can do what Tom and I do.

Put 2 denys plastic trays under the rear tires and pull up the parking brake lmao.gif
Old 12-31-2006, 02:34 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

In my tib, I have a pretty good drift technique down. Begin turning into the corner as if it were a late apexer, then turn sharply in the direction you are already turning and lightly press the brake, the rear tires will lose traction and the back end will break loose, even on dry pavement. Then you just countersteer slightly to bring it back, it's pretty fun.

Might not work for you guys given how much suspension work I have done though.

I HATE NFS ricers!!!!

OT, but last night, I was riding around with my buddy (big guy 315 lbs), and we spy a bass boat civic (has the sparkly paint job like bass boats, lol) with heavy ass 18" chrome wheels and a fart can. It's a douchebag with a couple of girls trying to act cool. Anyway, he passes me before a merge on route 1 like he's cool, so I get next to him when the 4 lanes begin again. He gets on it, and I pull on him by 4 cars in about 4 seconds, lol. Here is the best part though, he tries to ricer roll by me, and I'm like f-that, lol. He is about 2 cars behind me going an easy 85 mph while I'm doing 70-75, I drop it in 3rd and pull away from him before he gets to my rear bumper. Then he tries it again and I do the same thing right before I exit, we were laughing our asses off! Good times, lol.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:40 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

Why is it just NFS? It's also Fast and the Furious, Gran Turismo and other stupid crap. Yesterday, my friend's friend told me he was going to "N/A" his 1st gen Eclipse.... He plays Gran Turismo everyday too.