Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Cranky Korean Drives/reviews Genesis

Old 03-13-2008, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The guy doesn't have alot of good things to say unfortunately 02.gif
CLICK HERE
Old 03-13-2008, 09:45 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^and chances are i probably agree with the crank too.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:53 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

It would be really funny if he really said really good things about it, and the subtitles were completely opposite of what he says smile.gif)
Old 03-13-2008, 02:02 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

this guy is a complete idiot, he starts out saying "with the VDC off its hard to feel its real wheel drive characteristic," but then goes on to say "that even with it on he feels the rear kicking out." what the fvck? is he retarded or is it just me?

then he says "there is not much difference from domestic FF sedans" yea you dumb shit except for the ass kicking out which you previously described.

Old 03-13-2008, 03:28 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

It means at OFF it's not completely OFF, and at ON it's not doing a perfect job..
You would say the same thing if you for example had a light switch which at OFF lit the bulb at 25% and at ON it lit the bulb at 75% (instead of 0% and 100%).
Old 03-13-2008, 04:00 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

^Maybe he got the button screwed up....thinking ON was OFF, or OFF was ON... lmao.gif
Old 03-13-2008, 06:19 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Take this with a grain of salt, Hyundai is notorious for making quality parts for export while cutting costs with cheap materials for the south korean models because tax laws keep all but the rich people from buying other cars, they've essentially created their own monopoly there.

The true test is when somebody gets a US spec genesis with the V8, not the 3.3L entry level engine (and tranny) made KDM spec.

Also, anybody speak korean? because im 100% sure some of the sentances are different, you'll clearly hear him say "hyundai" but the text doesnt say hyundai anywhere, it WOULD be really nuts if he gave it a totally different review haha.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I've also been told in Korea they offer like a 3 year warranty, whereas the U.S. it's 10yr... we get the better stuff. They don't have much choice in Korea.

Translate? Mad_John ?
Old 03-14-2008, 12:14 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

ok as i am watching the video the translations is piss poor.... understand that 97% of Korean cars are fwd.. only commercial trucks are rwd. so of course it will be strange to the untrained driver..just to recap here are the Korean rwd line up

Hyundai

pony I,II
stellar
pony pickup. made from 70~88
Granada a co-op with ford

bongo pickup.....would be the same as a USA Chevy pickup
grace 8 pax van

by Korean law cars over 7 year old must be destroy if they don't meet safety stands or emissions

if you can find them they are now worth allot of money almost 10 grand

KIA

Enterprise, its kind of like a Mazda 626

Daewoo made quite a few but all Korean car company abandoned the rwd in 1988 and switch to the fwd..

ok as for the Genesis the rear end has almost the same set up as the Nissan skyline r34 it has a " active LSD"

as i listen to the video the translation gets more and more shitty he says allot of good things about it.. the transmission is made by asian witch is a Japanese company that makes trannys for lexus...the us models will get the zf tranny and the V8 4.6l from there he says it feels like a FF car witch means it has neutral handing.. this guy and this show reviews allot of US and European cars.. so keep that in mind..

also as of today i have seen only 12 of these on the road so far.. i am keeping track

hyundai only offers to my knowledge here 1~2 year warranty on KDM models.. all US Spec hyundai sell for double there value here..

example a 1991 sonata V6 US spec will sell for about 7 grand here. as where the same year,model. 2.0l sohc is worth 700 bucks...
strange i know
Old 03-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

John - give me an address of where I can ship you a couple dozen 1991 Sonatas. We can make money on the import/export business.