Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Been Doing Research

Old 08-27-2005, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turbo124.com

Another Forum I am on.. as many of you know, I am in the process of building up my spider.. well, I have been reading the forum to find out what the boost limits are for the Lancia Delta/ fiat 132 series engine hybrid (delta 16v head on the fiat block)

Using the stock lower end (low miliage of course) with forged pistons.. it can handle an easy 21psi of boost... if I wanted to O ring the head and add rods.. it can take a full 2 bar (30psi) of boost on 8 to 1 compression... I always knew the Lampredi designed engine was robust, but I had no clue how much abuse it could take.

All that in a car that weighs about 2000 pounds.. I should be able to go Elise hunting with ease.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:09 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

thats badass. what are you gonna be doing first? your Tiburon or the Spider? cuz you said earlier in the summer you had all these plans w/ the Tib...

i highly doubt someone has the time and money to put as much work as you want to do into 2 cars.... so which one is priority?
Old 08-27-2005, 09:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

That would be fun. 2 Bar it then go mess with higher end cars. fing02.gif
Old 08-27-2005, 09:39 PM

both actually.. I just have no time table for the spider. Everything on that car will be done "right" the first time..

in a lot of ways the Tib is kind of the test bed for the spider. It will be my first try at a boosted car. It will be the first car I modified the body and interior on... all with similar ideas..

Sometimes it really sucks to be a perfectionist. Not only do I demand that my cars work well, but that they look perfect too. It may take me a LONG time to get there, but eventually things bother me enough that I go into a flurry of activity and get it all done.