Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Anyone Want To Share Their Opinions On Celica's?

Old 01-23-2007, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hes lookin at a 2001 model, its everywhere in this thread mang, lol
Old 01-23-2007, 10:18 AM

LOL! I should really learn how to read one of these days... tongue.gif
Old 01-23-2007, 11:42 AM
MKE

ok, thanks a lot for the helpful posts.

I really like the looks of it, and believe it or not, they are very uncommon around here. and damn near impossible to find. that's why if i do get one, I'm going to be flying to pick it up and drive it back.

i've also read up on the engine (vvtl-i) "issue", and i can live with that. the only thing that i know will get annoying is having to use the premium fuel because of the high compression ratio.(probably dont have to, but all the "consumer reviews" said you do)

and as for aftermarket support goes, that doesnt really bother me. i never really did anything to my tib except the cai.

but i'm still looking...i really want one of these cars...but i've also looked at a few v6 tibs.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:22 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

for my 2 cents...

just go with what you want...all cars have pro and cons...

but if i was in your position i would get a used new tiburon
Old 01-23-2007, 04:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Pleasee get a tib..

I just dont like Celicas all that much. Way too expensive for the package, and I just dont like the hp/torque ratios. But as everyone says do what you like, its all up to you.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:50 AM

Vehicle: car

I dunno... My buddies got a slowica and its "ok", but it just doesnt wow me. He's poured paidcheck after paidcheck into it, and it still is, well, a slowica. It IS the gt model, but he has a catback (only rear section), dc header, injen intake, tweaked performace module, and an AEM pulley. Still getting it handed to him by sentras. They are farrrrrrrrrr too common. I drive from my house to my girlfriends house (2 blocks away) and I pass 7. 2 GT-S, and 5 GT's. 6 are driven by girls mind you. They completely suck ass to work on. Have fun with the headlights, either bulbs or assemblies. The car is a big big hassle for a loto of things. Plus the thing looks ridiculously high even on larger rims, so invest in some rims and coilovers soon. Check toyota because a part of the master cylinder i believe was recalled, and was the daytime running lights. I'd stay just stick with the tib. They have the best warranty in the business for a reason, and with some weight reduciton and performance, you can make a ......gk...... nice too. IMO, go with a tib, but to each their own. I chose my rd1 over a gt celica. Good luck man.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:56 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

There is a hell of a difference between the GT and GT-S.

Pretty much every company does 10 year/10k mile now anyway, and the standard dropdown to 5 year/60k when bought used.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:00 PM

My girlfriend has an 04 and its really nice. Awesome cars.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:21 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT

if youre looking at a newer tib, id say go for it even knowing i love my rd2 i still dont mind driving my gk to work
Old 01-27-2007, 03:43 PM
MKE

well, from what i found out today I'm not going to be getting either (tib or celica) but instead a black 07 3lt Cobalt w/ pretty much all options except I'm getting a 5 speed. I've got to go back monday to do the credit app (no problem) but i want to find out what my insurance is going to be before i commit to it.

It wasn't my choice. but my dad, being a Chevy car salesman, and with me getting the gm discount from my family working at Delphi, it just seems like a more logical choice. It's only a 5 year/100,000 mile warranty (i'm getting complete bumper to bumper for that time period) but with how much i drive (around 25k a year) i think I'll be better off with it.

First thing I'm doing is getting a set of coil overs. even before a cai or anything else. the car is to damn high (especially compared to a tib) and with that, and saving up for a decent body kit, ill be happy.

but don't worry, when i get my new job (around 14$ an hour) i will be saving up to buy another rd2. after driving the cobalt, even an SS, i really miss driving the tib. the ss didn't pick up nearly as nice as the tib did, and the rev limiter is at a crappy 6500 rpms.