Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

95 Elantra: Rip

Old 10-15-2005, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, the 95 is no more 02.gif and I really liked that car. I would've liked every1 to see it at the BBQ, but I was working. Anyway, on the way from here to EP Wed, 200 miles out of ABQ my radiator blows. I pull over a mile or so later. (I was pretty much nowhere. 5 miles south of Hatch-30 north of Las Cruces...for those of you who know). Pop the hood and: belt is shredded and the top of the rad split wide open at the filler-neck. I ain't going nowhere...

Call AAA and they send a tow truck, after only an hour. I decide to tow to EP...like 100 miles to my parents house. Now mind you, AAA covers the tow hookup and 3 miles (basic service). 2 hours later and $339.50 (yep I paid that much....idiot!) So anyway, thurs get the car to the H dealer and fri hear the bad news.

U-pulley and belt are rubbing the crankcase cover and its falling apart. Oil is staring to leak. The rad is unfixable. The CV boot is just 2 halves and grease is all over the place. (I saw it up on the rack, too.) It's gonna cost me big time! And this doesn't count the damage I did last Dec (hit a curb, dented the flex-pipe and oil pan, mangled the lower core support and engine mount)

(Almost finished...keep reading)

Well, it's time for a new car...and payments. mad.gif But the new Sonata is sweet.

As much as I couldn't afford one, I bought an 06 Sonata GL. The base 4cyl, 5-spd. but hey it new! Metal Gray. The only "extra": floor mats. ooooohhhhh! Last nite (fri) I drove back from EP and it was real smooth, comfy.

It's been raining all day, and I'm still shaking from buying (today is Sat), so these pics stink.

Old 10-15-2005, 09:38 PM

Srry for the Elantra. But u never know how much fun your new sonata can be.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:45 PM

Sorry to hear about the RD 02.gif
But have fun with the NF!!! They're nice, but the 5 spd tranny drives like a honda! mad.gif Damn clutch pedal is so light, but I guess you'll get used to it.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:52 PM

^^ thanks peter. I cant wait to find out

^Dont feel too bad, it wasn't an RD. It was the old Mitsu-Lantra. So good-riddance!

Yeah, I've noticed that about the clutch too. then again its been 12 years since driving a standard, so getting used to that is challenging in-of-itself.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:53 PM

Oh crud, 95! I read for some reason 96!
Oh hell yeah, good riddance! And an auto to boot! The NF is the right choice! laugh.gif
smile.gif fing02.gif

And if you're not used to Hyundai clutches, then it won't be so bad. But seriously it's like driving a honda. I must of stalled it like 3 times when I hopped into it the first time
Old 10-15-2005, 09:56 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Congrats with the sonata, are you keeping the elantra? If you keep it find yourself a 4g63T and put it in there...
Old 10-15-2005, 11:10 PM

RIP 'lantra, I like the color choice on the new car though fing02.gif
Old 10-16-2005, 10:13 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Eric! Wish you could have been there for some of the meet too, when can we see the new car?!?!!??!
Old 10-16-2005, 11:11 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

mang what ya doin with the E? your car was clean as hell and i think that would make a excellent project.....

give one of us a call mang we should all see the new car
Old 10-16-2005, 03:03 PM

I've stalled 5 times already! 3 on the first day, and 2 on day 2. Today though...0

I would've liked to keep the 95, I still loved that car. But it would have cost like 250 to transport it back here and I wouldn't have any $$ to build it up. The dealer gave me only 750 for the trade--not running, too. I figure it already cost me 340 for the 100+ mile tow, I have no business bringing it back to ABQ.

It's gonna be a couple weeks before you guys can see it though. (I left this part out earlier): there is a crack in the dash on the passenger side--right at the airbag. The dealer spotted it just before I was to leave the lot. It was the only gray one they had. The silver (like the comm'ls) looked good, but c'mon the gray blows it away. The "cinnamon" was fair and the black was decent; although the only black ones were v6's. Now before you say "shoulda gone v6", A: couldn't afford it and 2: the 4cyl has like 40 more ponies than the ol' 95. To me that's a performance upgrade! Monday, it goes to SW Hyundai for a new dash, (I got the 10yr/100,000 warranty extended to everything! No probs EVER!) H* it's new anyway so the dealer can't say squat. Tues, I am off for VAC...to Europe for a week!!! I'll be back on the 26th and the car better be ready. Anytime after that I'll show the SW guys.

Took some good pics today: