Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Is $60,000 a good price for a GTR?

Old 04-14-2014, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Accent
Default Is $60,000 a good price for a GTR?

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...57409531&Log=0

Not for me. My dad wants one, and he's thinking about cashing in some stocks he has to buy one. Just went on Autotrader to see how many were for sale, and made the search criteria to price them from low to high, at any distance from us. It's TN so he would have to have it shipped.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:03 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

[inB4aaron]

it's a good price for that mileage. We have several around here, most are a little higher than that. I wouldn't say it's an unbelievable price, but it's good.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I don't care if it's $15,000... Get any pre-2012 GTR thoroughly checked by a dealer before buying. The pre-'12 GTR's are the ones with the tranny-breaking launch control. If the tranny has issues, it's $30k for a new one. There are NO reman's available and no parts are sold by Nissan, only complete units. Should be less of an issue if the car is 100% bone stock and has never had a tune in the ECM.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:50 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Originally Posted by i8acobra
I don't care if it's $15,000... Get any pre-2012 GTR thoroughly checked by a dealer before buying. The pre-'12 GTR's are the ones with the tranny-breaking launch control. If the tranny has issues, it's $30k for a new one. There are NO reman's available and no parts are sold by Nissan, only complete units. Should be less of an issue if the car is 100% bone stock and has never had a tune in the ECM.
^ THIS!! ^

Though I know of several people that grenaded the tranny under stock power, no tune, just using launch control. There's some BS in the owners manual about launch control voiding the warranty. It's worth having inspected prior to purchase, like he said. If you don't it's pretty much inviting trouble.

The up side it, it could be in perfect shape as well. Just be cautious with those years.