Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

2010 Trans Am

Old 03-17-2010, 07:14 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default 2010 Trans Am

Before GM closed the doors on Pontiac, the big question on everyone’s mind was about the Firebird/Trans Am. Pontiac had briefly gotten the GTO back, and then jumped ship with the four-door G8 sports sedan. Both were great cars in their own right, but the Firebird remained elusive. Then GM shut Pontiac during its brief stint in bankruptcy, leaving it up to the aftermarket to come up with a new Trans Am.

And they did. Many companies have thrown their hat into the ring, but Gearhead Performance beat the other companies out of the gate, and their Trans Am custom built cars are available for ordering according to LS1tech.

Not so much a body kit as a front-to-back conversion of the 2010 Camaro, these cars come complete from Gearhead performance and have a slew of available options, albeit at a hefty cost. All Trans Ams start life as a base model 1SS Camaro with the 426 horsepower LS3 engine. A shaker hood scoop replaces the Camaro’s stock hood, and both the front and rear fascia are stretched and redesigned for that classic Firebird flare.

The suspension is dropped for a more aggressive look as well, and a special Trans Am spoiler is added as well. Then there are the slew of side vents and of course the famous Screaming Chicken decal adorning the hood. Inside are plenty of Trans Am accruements, two-tone seats, and the car can be had in any color available on the Camaro. Turbochargers, superchargers, and suspension upgrades are all available as well. These Trans Ams have a starting cost of $52,900…about the price of a Corvette. But considering a fully-optioned Camaro 2SS can cost upwards of $40,000, the price isn’t all that bad, and you will certainly have the most unique Camaro on the block.

http://www.lsxtv.com/forum/2010-tran...ives-2424.html

http://www.gearhead-pg.com/showroom.php
Old 03-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I like it. I wouldn't spend anywhere near that kind of money to get it, but I like it.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

wow...impressive...one of the motor options is a twin turbo ls9 over 900hp dang
Old 03-17-2010, 10:11 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i'll keeping my "negative" thoughts to myself
Old 06-25-2010, 12:44 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent

you do that