Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

1998 Accent Beta Ii Swap

Old 09-17-2007, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is the project car im making, its a 1998 accent 2 door (whats the chassis code for that?)
and im wondering what the best site for me to find aftermarket things like CF hood, suspension (coilovers)anything visual (bodykits)
just looking for a site that caters mainly to the accent??
anyone know of one?
THanks
Chase
Old 09-17-2007, 06:40 PM

Well, you can get pretty much there is on SFR, kspec and SharkRacing, however, those last are vendors not endorsed by this site and sometimes have crappy service (you get your things eventually, but have crappy email response and such; I haven't deal with them in the last years though...)
Also you should contact LarryMcFly on this site, he has just what your project is...
Old 09-17-2007, 11:51 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

chassis code is X3

i can hook you up with engine mounts and axles ;-)
the wiring stuff is a very basic job to do in a swapped X3 ;-)
Old 09-18-2007, 09:24 AM

i was thinking about that, i WILL need a mount for the left side (timing belt side) mount as i believe when i was looking at it, they were not compatible, what mounts would i need to get (can they be had off another model) or do i have to have them made or just buy yours, if i dont have to pay for them and i could get them off another model that would be great, the less moeny i have to spend the better.
Chase
Thanks for tKing the time for these questions.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:17 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

the site that cater to the info that you need is hyundaiperformance.com and go directly to the hybrid subforum... that subforum is dedicated to what you need.

i have a swapped x3 accent for a while now and just let me know if you have any questions. there's also Denisst99 (auto tech extrodinaire), spikie and even chaosripper

as for the mount, for sure you can modify the stock x3 one to make it work to save some money. the info is all in hp.com

btw, get a beta1 for the x3 instead of the beta2

good luck!
Old 09-18-2007, 10:58 AM

why beta 1 over a beta 2 i was under the impression the beta II was the best of the 2.0 to date (hyundai)
Chase