Atelier HP
Sponsor:   Atelier HP
If you can think about it, they can make it for your Hyundai!
http://www.atelierhp.com/ = French (Canada)
http://www.atelierhp.com = English

Need to order push clutch conversion kit

Old 07-27-2013, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Need to order push clutch conversion kit

I sent an email about it too, wasn't sure which would get your attention the quickest.

for an 01 tiburon

I saw your recommendation on clutches - this is a street/autocross car. I'm planning on the act street disc, any reason to go with a 4/6 puck? Running 12 psi right now, might go up to 16 later, I don't expect to ever be breaking 300 ft/lbs.

denis:

for act number that are direct bolt on in push style

MB3-XTSS street disck clutch kit will hold about 325lbs/ft of torque

MB3-XTG4 4 puck cluthc kit, will hold about 425 lbs/ft of torque
Old 07-28-2013, 12:13 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

turboron, me and denis all run competition clutch clutches. lemme dig you up a part number. also, some beta 2 transmissions use a different collar so if you have a beta 2 trans you might need someone to weld you up one

moar info and part numbers
Old 07-28-2013, 12:55 PM

Hmm, I'll have to check it out later, just purchased a junkyard 05 Elantra transmission. I also have a 03 Tiburon casing that has a bad bearing in it. Surely one has the proper collar.

planning on a street style disc, that push act will gain about 70 ft/lbs over their pull style street disc. I've heard too many people complaining about difficulty daily driving 4/6 puck clutches. Maybe it would be alright, would you mind using yours in stop and go traffic or on a long trip?
Old 07-28-2013, 06:16 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

nah not at all man, turboron will tell you the same thing. i would def go with the sprung 6 puck though and not a solid disk for your setup. denis drives his accent daily with a 4 puc with no complaints

the collar issue isnt simply a "bolt on" affair if you have the wrong collar.

the holes that locate the collar onto the transmission are different so welding WILL be required if you have the wrong setup

youll end up cutting the flange off one and welding the collar cylinder off the other to it
Old 07-28-2013, 06:39 PM

Hmm, are there pictures around of the proper collar? You're talking about around the input shafts base? I have to disassemble the new one to put my quaife in so if the other case has the proper collar it wouldn't be an issue. Since I'll be there anyways.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Check my build thread. I posted pictures where I cut and welded the two different collars to make it work. Very easy to do if you have a welder.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:30 AM

Hey Jon, Actually been meaning to come here for a review, thanks for reminding me.

Short Version: Everything is incredibly awesome with the new clutch setup.

Long Detailed Version:

I got the push clutch conversion from Denis in early august, the new kit comes with a press on "sleeve" or "collar" that goes over the old input shaft bearing cover. Super easy to install, I suppose you could even do it with a block and mallet but I have a press in the garage so I got it on with no issues. I went with the ACT Extreme pressure plate(MB012X) and their street disc(3000301). It's doing awesome, before this I had the ACT clutch that they make for the Tiburon with the street disc and it slipped really bad on 12 psi with my t3. I have over 1000 miles on the setup now and it puts more power to the ground than the old setup ever did. In fact the old ACT clutch was slipping so bad by 1000 miles that I was looking into Denis's push clutch conversion.

Denis seemed a bit concerned about going with the extreme clutch citing that others had issues getting it to release. After the install it disengaged just fine though it was very low, note however that I have a brand new master and slave cylinder on the Tiburon, truthfully though I don't think it was engaging any lower than any other time I've done a new clutch job on any standard. However since it engaged so low in the throw I went ahead and did the mod on the master cylinder that Denis mentioned. It engaged a little higher but probably wasn't necessary. After the break in period it engages about halfway up like any clutch typically does.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:38 AM

What mod on the master cylinder?
Old 11-18-2013, 10:39 AM

Disassemble the push rod and remove the rubber bushing and replace it with steel washers.

edit:

Jon, look at this post:

https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/f...ost__p__615231
Old 11-18-2013, 10:41 AM

Hmm, I'll have to look into that when the time comes.