Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Vendor's Booth: General (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/vendors-booth-general-34/)
-   -   Zefiro Hood? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/vendors-booth-general-34/zefiro-hood-46283/)

Tibbychick 01-03-2008 12:50 PM

Are they still making the Zefiro hood? If so, are you guys able to get it and if so for how much? I wanna sell my extra one but I might not if I cant ever get another one. I got mine from Real Engineering but they went down the tube. I see you can still get the Zefiro bodykit, which is good to know in case I need to replace mine in the future.

ItaliaTib2k3 02-22-2008 10:24 AM

Hey, I'm real sorry that I didn't respond to this sooner. I coulda sworn I am supposed to get an e-mail anytime someone posts in this forum. 02.gif Oh well...

Anyhow, I do have the fiberglass Zefiro "Evo" hood in stock. We actually produce these here in the States since Zefiro isn't manufacturing them anymore. As such, we have renamed them the ImportShark "Vincenti" hood:
http://www.importshark.com/ProductImages/E...s/Vincenti.html
(Sorry about the crappy pics. Guess I should get better ones in there, huh?)

archsvile 04-01-2008 12:02 AM

Hey I was wondering if that hood is good quality. The CF hood I have now wobbles and moves up and down and scares the heck outta me when I'm going about 60. Would I have nay issues with that? Do you recommend hood pins for it? I dont like hood pins that why I wanna know this before I buy anything haha. Thanks for your time.

HyundaiKitCoupe 04-01-2008 12:22 AM

^ you can adjust the hood latch, or buy the grommets from the elantra so the hood stays pressed down to eliminate the problem. i was going to sell my CF hood and buy a fiber one for painting, but since the gloss on the CF one is coming off i'm going to paint it anyways.

nice to see Importshark is still producing these hoods. you guys should make F2 bumpers too. i've done business with you only once, but that was with a refund for out of stock Motoria. i see you on the forums every now and then.

out of curiosity: i've heard bodykits are near impossible to attain from korea, so what i want to know is where these hoods are manufactured, how easy it is to get items, how strong is rd support, and is most of your rd stuff still available?

Tibbychick 04-01-2008 08:16 AM

I didn't use hood pins with the Zefiro hood, no need to, even at high speeds (120 mph). Same with the CF Evo hood, no hood pins, fine at high speeds.

ItaliaTib2k3 04-01-2008 09:12 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (archsvile @ Apr 1 2008, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hey I was wondering if that hood is good quality. The CF hood I have now wobbles and moves up and down and scares the heck outta me when I'm going about 60. Would I have nay issues with that? Do you recommend hood pins for it? I dont like hood pins that why I wanna know this before I buy anything haha. Thanks for your time.</div>
We've sold quite a number of these and I actually can't remember ANY problems other than two that received shipping damage. They include an OEM hood latch and bolt to the exact locations that the OEM hood uses--so I definitely can't see how it could possibly wobble at all. Hood pins are a good idea simply for safety's sake if you plan on driving 100+ mph very often. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HKC (HyundaiKitCoupe) @ Apr 1 2008, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>nice to see Importshark is still producing these hoods. you guys should make F2 bumpers too. i've done business with you only once, but that was with a refund for out of stock Motoria. i see you on the forums every now and then.

out of curiosity: i've heard bodykits are near impossible to attain from korea, so what i want to know is where these hoods are manufactured, how easy it is to get items, how strong is rd support, and is most of your rd stuff still available?</div>
What's F2? An Accent or something?
Bodykits are actually quite easy to obtain in Korea IF you've got contacts over there who can deal with the distributors who have the old RD1/2 molds. Most bodykit manufacturers that made RD1/2 products have gone out of business, but they sold their molds to large distributors--such as the Korean equivalent of Bodykits.org or ExtremeDimensions.com. The kits are out there, but the biggest problem are the costs associated with importing them. There's gotta be demand in order to justify it!

Zefiro discontinued their hoods, so we were able to procure the mold a couple years ago. Now they're made in-house by my own fiberglass shop.

Tibbychick 04-01-2008 09:16 AM

ahh, they did actually discontinue them eh? Well in that case I think I will keep mine...just in case.

They still make the Zefiro bodykits though, right?

ItaliaTib2k3 04-01-2008 09:20 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tibbychick @ Apr 1 2008, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>ahh, they did actually discontinue them eh? Well in that case I think I will keep mine...just in case.

They still make the Zefiro bodykits though, right?</div>

Yes, but we have their mold AND use Korean fiberglass composite. In essence, it's the same exact hood!

Zefiro will only make bodykits via special order now. I heard they are not producing kits anymore and do not hold inventory.

Tibbychick 04-01-2008 09:26 AM

Oh, well thats good to know. But no one wants to buy my hood anyway, lol. And I don't wanna give it away either.

Well, let's hope I dont need to replace any bodykit parts, hah. Thanks for the info!

'treezy 04-01-2008 10:28 AM

the F2 bumper was a bumper (similar to RD1 stock but cleaner) that appeared on first generation F2 evolution tiburons, and most commonly known as the "rally tiburon" front bumper. It is actually the bumper on the silver RD1 you have pictured displaying your "Vincenti" hood...

now, go make them! slomo.gif