Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Vehicle Showroom (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/vehicle-showroom-91/)
-   -   updated pics of my car at work (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/vehicle-showroom-91/updated-pics-my-car-work-27110/)

OzFxCoupe 03-15-2005 02:38 AM

I love your car mate, it's bewdiful!! Very tastefully modded!

The rims I believe are Centrelines... but they also look like some Enkei RP02s that I was once considering.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad-Machine)</div><div class='quotemain'>You know, looking at where the NACA duct is.. I bet you could rig up a boxed Short Ram intake so that cool air from the duct was fed directly into the engine. Best of both worlds.. Short air path and a cold air from the duct.</div>

That's what I'd always assumed that vent/scoop was for... That or just a short-ram air intake like a lot of the modded Korean Tibs have. Why else would it be designed to channel air into it? The larger vents are there to get rid of the bulk of the heat.

Jaws021 03-15-2005 03:12 AM

Look guys.. the hood is replica of the real evo hood..

Nothing to do with the RD. The main vents allow heat to leave the engine bay (does a dam good job too). You can actually see hot air rising from the vents while your sitting at a stop light (PERFECT FOR HOT TURBOS). The side vent does nothing but make my BOV sound louder..
The hood is nice and for sale.. PM for details.

Thanx a lot for the compliments guys
Ill be taking some more pics probably tomorrow..
I have a nice PURTY repolished head and some interior pics (work by tibby01 and blktibs). I also have some group shots i need to do... (tibby and the Si).

As for the sideskirts miss..
They are complete replacements... OEM too..
BTW.. eint you supposed to be here by now?
confused.gif
tongue.gif:

TibRacer01 03-15-2005 09:32 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jaws021)</div><div class='quotemain'>now now miss.. i can always share my room with you... he can sleep in the spare
hahahahahah
laugh.gif:</div>

Sounds like a plan to me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jaws021)</div><div class='quotemain'>BTW.. eint you supposed to be here by now?
confused.gif
tongue.gif:</div>

Just swing by hick a$$ Peoria, IL and lets cruse out together!!!

wink1.gif

gsasha1 03-15-2005 09:34 AM

Jaws,
It looks GREAT!!! Love that bumper! better than any kit!

domi 03-15-2005 09:55 AM

wow that ride looks nice

Lovin' the hood smile.gif
Maybe a stupid question
The vents are suppose to get the heat out of engine bay sooner then no vents right...
But when driving it catches air right?
Does your fuel cunsumption goes up?

thx

Nick

TibRacer01 03-15-2005 10:06 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Domi)</div><div class='quotemain'>Maybe a stupid question
The vents are suppose to get the heat out of engine bay sooner then no vents right...
But when driving it catches air right?
Does your fuel cunsumption goes up?</div>

Read the thread about the vents.

They would not create near enough drag to noticeably affect fuel consumption.

Jaws021 03-15-2005 10:35 AM

The hood does not allow air to ram in (through the hood) it allows air to escape.

While driving.. the main vent allows air to escape, creating positive pressure upwards and allowing more air to come in through the radiator/intercooler..

tibcr 03-17-2005 07:03 PM

Jaws, your car looks awesome, I love the lambo doors, your body paint is in exelent condition, great. But what I love the most is the hood, and I really would like to have one just like that. Could you please take some close up pictures from the top and below to see how it is made? Please, man!

And a maybe stupid question, since your hood is open to get warm air out, what happens if it rains? Does the water get inside your engine bay?

Thanx a lot

Jaws021 03-18-2005 11:09 AM

thanx a lot man

Yea when it rains water will slip down onto the manifold of get on the head..

Its not an extreme amount of water... so the engine is fine..

I drove around with it during feb when we had a record rainfall. I love the hood, its sad im letting it go.. but its time to move on.

tibcr 03-18-2005 07:40 PM

Ok, and what do you think about taking those close uo pictures?