Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

My Ricer Steering Wheel.

Old 09-01-2006, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice, i have the same one too i guess with the rest of rd haha but never put mine in becasue it was smaller, didnt really like the thing but can you pm me too on your cf interior, and if anyone wants a wheel like that pm me and ill get rid of mine.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:57 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

i just but the hub and the steering wheel today...

steering wheel
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

adapter hub
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

Nate,

Can you do a mini DIY so that I(somone on the forum) will not mess this up
Old 09-12-2006, 01:50 PM
Banned

you cant mess this up. specially if you bought the hub that someone posted in my gripes thread.. the one i bought didnt fit with the spline.. so i dremeled it out, and bolted it on... then bolted the steering wheel on.. easy as pie, after done modifying the hub..

you need a steering wheel puller from like murrays or autozone.. alotta places will let you rent them, and give you full $$$ back when u are done with the tools.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:59 PM

alright...

thanks i will also consult the haynes manual if i need some more help
Old 09-12-2006, 03:12 PM
Banned

you wont need the haynes manual.. to get the ari bag off... disconnect battery or all airbag fuses FIRST.. take out the lil plastic things on either side of the steering wheel.. theyre rectangle pieces, their are torx screws on the other side.. i didnt have a torx bit big enough, so i used a #2 flathead, i believe.. unscrew both of them.. they WILL not come all the way out.. but enough for the air bag to slide out..

disconnect the airbag, take it out.. then there is a bolt on the steering wheel.. you now need the remover.. pick it up at murrays or some auto store.. be CAREFUL when taking it off.. the metal the wheel is made out of is VERY VERY brittle, so make sure you thread the two bolts in as far as you can for the steering wheel puller.

im not positive, if you need to take the clock spring out, but i did neway, so i wouldnt have to worry about it, but i may try reinstalling it.

then dremel your hub. make SURE the wheel is DEAD ON STRAIGHT. put the hub on, might need a couple love taps, depending on how much u dremeled it. when tightening the bolt and lockwasher, try to keep it as straight as possible so when you mount the wheel, its in the right position, not like 15 degrees off.

the steering wheel itself is easy.. it has 6 screws, and you just screw it into the hub..
Old 09-12-2006, 07:33 PM
MKE

i have a question, what did you do about the airbag? is your airbag light lit?
Old 09-12-2006, 07:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^I've been wondering that myself as the airbag light has been on the whole time I've owned my tib...

I've meant to check it sometime, I think it's just two positive wires... so you might be able to just wire them together. (don't do this without checking first, I could be completely wrong)

I like the steering wheel alot though. don't think it's ricer at all.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:50 PM

damn.. i was looking at the same wheel.. but i wasn't sure if it was an authentic bride wheel.. prolly not with that price.. but looks freakin sick man..
Old 09-13-2006, 01:35 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SOCKS @ Sep 12 2006, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>you wont need the haynes manual.. to get the ari bag off... disconnect battery or all airbag fuses FIRST.. take out the lil plastic things on either side of the steering wheel.. theyre rectangle pieces, their are torx screws on the other side.. i didnt have a torx bit big enough, so i used a #2 flathead, i believe.. unscrew both of them.. they WILL not come all the way out.. but enough for the air bag to slide out..

disconnect the airbag, take it out.. then there is a bolt on the steering wheel.. you now need the remover.. pick it up at murrays or some auto store.. be CAREFUL when taking it off.. the metal the wheel is made out of is VERY VERY brittle, so make sure you thread the two bolts in as far as you can for the steering wheel puller.

im not positive, if you need to take the clock spring out, but i did neway, so i wouldnt have to worry about it, but i may try reinstalling it.

then dremel your hub. make SURE the wheel is DEAD ON STRAIGHT. put the hub on, might need a couple love taps, depending on how much u dremeled it. when tightening the bolt and lockwasher, try to keep it as straight as possible so when you mount the wheel, its in the right position, not like 15 degrees off.

the steering wheel itself is easy.. it has 6 screws, and you just screw it into the hub..</div>

Thank alot man...not to be rude Nate...basically that's what the haynes manual said...
Old 09-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Banned

hows that rude mwood? lol

and nightshark.. bride doesnt make steering wheels. lol so it cant be authentic.. they make one that has sparco horn button too.. its great quality, and i can spend the 100-130 i saved elsewhere, lol

o and no airbag lights.. i have the fuse for the passenger one still in and the drivers on is out...