Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Vehicle Showroom (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/vehicle-showroom-91/)
-   -   It's good to be back..... (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/vehicle-showroom-91/its-good-back-83866/)

JonGTR 07-11-2018 10:15 AM

It's good to be back.....

4 Attachment(s)
...in a TRUCK again!!!:yeah:

It's been a few years since I lost my truck to some thieving illegal assholes. (Wanna get political?) Anyways, I then made what I thought was a smart and responsible decision to buy the Avalon for mileage concerns. To make a long story short, I hated it. It couldn't tow anything or carry things like bikes, supplies, furniture, etc. The whole time I've been dreaming of buying another truck and finally that day has come. I searched for quite a while to find one that had all the options/colors I wanted. Platinum, black, pecan seats, and a few added extras that I'm glad don't have to do like tint, bed cover, weathertechs, gate assist, bed liner. I'm extremely happy with it and to be in something I actually want to take care of and drive around in.
This weekend it's getting a Viper alarm and AFE Momentum 10r intake. Eventually it'll get "deleted" and tuned. When the tires go bald sometime at the end of the year, then a leveling kit with 37's. I've already added a few visual accents to it.

With 440hp and 860tq, do I have the highest powered vehicle on the site? lol

tibbytib 07-11-2018 10:33 AM

Congrats! Nice looking truck!

Stocker 07-11-2018 08:14 PM

Nice truck.

Visionz 07-12-2018 06:32 AM

Sweet truck! I always figured you to be more of a Chevy guy though versus Ford. :dunno:

JonGTR 07-12-2018 06:48 AM

Thanks guys.

Originally Posted by Visionz (Post 719965)
Sweet truck! I always figured you to be more of a Chevy guy though versus Ford. :dunno:

I am a Chevy guy when it comes to cars, but for trucks, the Ford takes the title in all aspects. Ever since it was released, the 6.7L Scorpion has out performed the competition by quite a bit. They just keep bumping the boost every year knowing that the motor could handle double what it was originally rated back in 2010. I used to have a King Ranch, but ever since they went to the sealed leather, it just doesn't seem as good to me. That's why I went with the Platinum this time around. The Chevy High Country's look really good, but the electronics around the truck have issues that I don't want to deal with. Not to mention you have to jack up the truck into the clouds just so you can tuck 37+ tires in those stupid square wheel wells. This truck should only need leveling, or a 3" at the most to fit 37's. Chevy's need 6" or more. That's a big deal for a daily, family truck, and toy hauler.

i8acobra 07-12-2018 07:39 AM

Looks good.

Originally Posted by JonGTR (Post 719966)
I am a Chevy guy when it comes to cars, but for trucks, the Ford takes the title in all aspects. .

This makes what, 3 times we've agreed on something? :omg:

I traded my 5.0 F150 for a Fusion Sport (twin turbo, AWD) in December because I no longer needed a truck, but now I'm missing that V8 torque and sound. Definitely going back to a Mustang/Camaro/Challenger next.

JonGTR 07-12-2018 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by i8acobra (Post 719967)
Looks good.

This makes what, 3 times we've agreed on something? :omg:

I traded my 5.0 F150 for a Fusion Sport (twin turbo, AWD) in December because I no longer needed a truck, but now I'm missing that V8 torque and sound. Definitely going back to a Mustang/Camaro/Challenger next.

I hear nothing but good things about the newer Ecoboost trucks. I think they had issues to begin with, but have sorted them out. Tuned...….they fly. But same with the diesel if you're needing a bigger truck.

JonGTR 08-28-2018 03:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was hoping to have some pics by now. I've done quite a bit in the last month, and am stuck trying to find a shop to install my new tires. I decided since I had 37's on the last truck that I would step up my game this time with Toyo 38's. Already installed is an AFE Momentum 10r Intake, Viper Smartstart Alarm w/GPS monitoring, and a 3" Readylift kit. The new tires require some finesse of the front bumper and I'm still working on it. After the tires are installed, I'm going to see how they fit and ride, then decide if I need to go ahead with a Carli 4.5" front suspension.

While we're waiting on that, here's a random pic:

i8acobra 08-29-2018 01:51 AM

Looks good.

Started doing motorcycle track days again. Might get a toy hauler trailer for when my buddy and I do the 3 day track days. If I do, thinking about the new F150 3.0L Powerstroke.

Visionz 08-29-2018 06:30 AM

That shot of the truck looks awesome!

JonGTR 09-17-2018 08:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I got the tires installed two weeks ago, but it's been raining ever since. I only managed to get a quick pic the day they were installed. Truck is dirty with the old tires in the back. Wish I had time to get in the mud a little. I'm very happy though with the results. The factory wheels keep the tires tucked in the body and keep them from rubbing on the fenders with the low lift. Pics don't do it justice until you go stand next to the tires and they're almost to your waist. With the lift and tires, the whole truck is about 6" higher. The wife and kids love it, except the wife is only a little unhappy about climbing in. But she rarely gets in with me. I probably lost 2-3mpg.........worth it! :thumbup:

187sks 09-25-2018 06:48 PM

Looks good!

JonGTR 12-10-2018 11:50 AM

Went to the ranch to play after a few rains. I couldn't get it stuck and didn't get as dirty as I expected. The kids and I had fun. Need to remember to take some pics while there.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/tampara...b0d64823e4.jpg

tibbytib 12-10-2018 01:57 PM

Now thats a properly "detailed" truck right there!

i8acobra 05-22-2019 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by i8acobra (Post 720050)
Looks good.

Started doing motorcycle track days again. Might get a toy hauler trailer for when my buddy and I do the 3 day track days. If I do, thinking about the new F150 3.0L Powerstroke.

So, I did a thing... I'm also back in a truck. It's a Lariat Sport (no chrome or wood) with the 3.0L Powerstroke.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/tampara...22aa9d4bab.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/tampara...e61da25b52.jpg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/tampara...e15893023c.jpg

JonGTR 05-22-2019 11:11 AM

Nice! That's quite a coincidence because I was just looking into the 3.0L powerstroke like 5 minutes ago! lol It has an impressive tow rating between 11-13k depending on configuration. I do wonder though how the truck itself would handle that much weight going down the road. It may have the power on paper, but will the tail be wagging the dog down the highway with a smaller frame/weight?

That should provide ample towing for your average consumer. Ford is killing the competition on that one. How's the 10-speed? I heard it is always hunting.

We purchased a trailer a while back and it's 8,500lbs dry and unloaded. By the time I get some livestock in there, with equipment, it'll be just over 12k. With cross-winds and assholes, that's why I'm asking about whether the new F150 would be questionable.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/tampara...1e363800ba.jpg

Visionz 05-22-2019 11:23 AM

How do you like the 3.0? I've heard mixed reviews on it.

i8acobra 05-22-2019 11:47 AM

I bought it to tow a 8,000 Lbs. 30 to 40' travel trailer. The plan is to rent out my house and then travel. My '14 F150 5.0 handled towing 5,000 Lbs like it wasn't even there, so I figured I'd go back to Ford. This has the tow package and the trailer brake controller. The 10 speed seems fine, but I haven't hauled or towed anything yet. Right now, I'm getting 22.5 mpg around town. Was getting 18 in the Fusion. I do plan on a few power upgrades. Gonna run about $3k for the 4" exhaust, intake, tuner and intercooler. Supposed to be good for over 350 whp and 550 wtq. Only thing I don't like is that there's no exhaust brake.

Looks like the GM 1500 with the Duramax is going to have Ford beat in tow rating, power and torque, but I got this for $18k off sticker. Paid $45,500 for it. The GM's are going to be around $65k for at least a year.

JonGTR 05-23-2019 05:48 AM

To be honest, the trailer we bought had torn out wires underneath that lead to the brakes, so I wasn't running brakes when bringing it back. I got to test the exhaust brake on the truck for the first time, and wow. lol
I was probably getting 22mpg when stock, but throwing 38" M/T's on it dropped me down to 13-14mpg. Took a huge hit on that one, but they have been worth it on the trail. I've heard people getting mid-20's on that new Powerstroke. They advertise 30mpg. lol I haven't heard of any mpg's loaded.

The Duramax currently edges out the Powerstroke with 12,100lbs versus 11,400lbs. But for whatever reason, Ford made the Ecoboost stronger with 13,200lbs towing. Not that I'd ever buy an Ecoboost....... I'm sure Ford will step it up next year with a re-tune like usual. There's always perks to releasing your truck after seeing the competition. Ram will be releasing theirs later.