USA - Southeast USA - Southeast members here.

Dtn's Pix From Nopi Nationals 2007

Old 09-17-2007, 12:47 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

As ususal, the NOPI Nationals were crazy! Hydraulics, Drifting, Car show, DB Drag, vendors, hot chicks, booty shaking contests, live bands, various entertainment... It's always a blast at NOPI!!!

Ericy312, RixShark, KustomizedTiburon, myself, and a few future RDTers were there!

Our COTM RixShark took 2nd Place in Tiburon Custom Class. Kustomized Tiburon took 3rd in Tiburon Custom Class. I took 2nd in Tiburon Street Class. It's really tough going up against the GK tiburons with their large aftermarket...... Not to mention there was a GK with a body kit and wild paint job in the street class (against NOPI rules). I would have won first in street class if that guy had actually done what he was supposed to and entered custom class.

Well, enough with my ramblings, here's the pix.

someone post something so I can continue posting pix!
Old 09-17-2007, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

One of these days I'm going to go to one of those shows...
Old 09-17-2007, 12:53 AM
DTN

more pix... post something!
Old 09-17-2007, 12:54 AM

Why do people with a GK tib put on those headlight mask's that they look round? It looks like crap to me.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:56 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

bump for more pics
Old 09-17-2007, 12:58 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

i'm guessing not many rd's were there eh?
Old 09-17-2007, 01:00 AM
DTN

Whew... that's all of them! I only selected a few. There were alot of awesome looking cars out there! Out of the 7,000 show cars at the Nationals, I'd say about 4,000 of them were really darn nice, and the other 3,000 still needed some work. I took about 170 pix, about 1/2 of them were of RixShark and Kustomized's cars wink1.gif

BTW... KustomizedTiburon had to leave before the announcement of the awards.. He didn't think he was going to win anything.

Overall, I'd say RDT Kicked some major ass out there. Members of our site took 3 out of 6 trophies in the Tiburon Street and Custom classes at the NOPI Nationals.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:09 AM

quick question about rules:

if you have a lip kit on the front and a non factory wing (cuda wing), would that be considered custom class?

that will be my setup, doesn't sound like enough to be customized class if you ask me.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:15 AM
DTN

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UrS0NvS @ Sep 17 2007, 02:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i'm guessing not many rd's were there eh?</div>

No, there was us 4 from RDTiburon.com and some other guy who had a wrecked tiburon and just entered his car for sunday because it's cheaper then buying a ticket....

RDTers are some of the most straight up knowledable, and cool people you will meet at a car show. My advice to everyone is if you know there's going to be some RDTiburon members there, get there! It's an experience you'll always remember and from then on, you'll be able to put a face to the name you see on the screen.... Except with RixShark... I knew who he was when he walked up from his signature. I said "hey, i know you from somewhere". It was wierd!

That other RD guy was a douchebag. He tried to tell Ericy and myself about how he smokes everything on the road with his car. He was also talking about rebadging his car "Tiburon Type R". He also had NOS and Eibach stickers on his car. He claimed he was running NOS radiator fluid and his suspension was stock. I think he really needs to learn a few things about cars.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UrS0NvS @ Sep 17 2007, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>quick question about rules:

if you have a lip kit on the front and a non factory wing (cuda wing), would that be considered custom class?

that will be my setup, doesn't sound like enough to be customized class if you ask me.</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Street Allows minor bolt on upgrades but no full body kits or radical wings.
Custom Allows any bolt on accessories and upgrades, any bolt on body mods and shaved bodywork.
Wild All Show - Chopped, suicide doors, tilt fronts, and anything goes.</div>
I'd say no, because they actually specify "full body kits"
Old 09-17-2007, 01:20 AM

I guess i'll find out when i go to one of the nopi events eh? I too hate it when someone "dumbs" themself just to win a trophy like the GK guy you talked about.

thanks for the answers, looked like a blast man. fing02.gif