USA - Northeast USA - Northeast members here.

Triple Crown Tuner Challenge June 23 - 25

Old 05-15-2006, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Date: JUNE 23 - 25
</span>
http://www.midohio.com/events/roadrace.asp

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Directions from within Ohio:</span>
http://www.midohio.com/track/directions.asp

For info about the event go to this link below. Try to keep the discussion in this thread to a minimum and instead keep it in the info thread here:

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57687

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">This is guru's old thread w/ hotel information:</span>

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32511

UPDATE FROM HYUNDAI 5-4-2006
---------------

Hi, gang --

About seven weeks and counting ......

PRDUDE (HYUNDAI guy) here ..... Firstly, I want to thank bms231 for the great job of getting everyone geeked over the event. Secondly, as you've read many times, this event will not resemble last year's event. We're looking at more track time, a return to more awards categories and great fun for everyone.

To reiterate, your friends at HYUNDAI are paying your admission all weekend. It also gets you into the style competition. The track and other competitions are up to you. The car with the best cumulative scores in their competition is named King of the Streets at the Triple Crown Tuner Challenge. For the record, Tibbies have walked away with the big trophy EVERY year -- meaning a Tiburon is always featured on the event's promotional poster. I would really like to see you us keep up this wave of domination ...

As in the past, our Hyundai meet will again have its own internal awards for the best modified Tibs. The winners get trophies and all kinds of cool prizes...

And speaking of SWAG, I'm bringing a bunch of it again. Cool stuff for everyone (Hyundai tshirts and an assortment of other great goodies). I'm even kicking in for food on Saturday night.

Also, I always get the national tuner magazines excited about our meet. In the past two years, we've had articles on our participants featured in MODIFIED, Speed, Style & Sound, Performance Auto & Sound, Import Tuner, NOPI Street Performance Compact, etc.

Finally, I want everyone to know that this is one of my favorite programs each year. I get to meet a lot of great people and dedicated Tiburon enthusiasts. You're a fun bunch and it's great to meet new owners every year. So, if you haven't already, SIGN UP. It doesn't matter if your car is pure stock or has a ton of money invested in it. Everyone is welcome ... Heck, last year, we had a nice 70-year-old couple show up in a stock 2005 4-banger and they had a blast !

I hope to see a bunch of old and new faces this time around ...

PRDUDE

-------------------------

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">REGISTRATION INFORMATION</span>

I will spell it out for those who did not attend last year. Mid-Ohio releases a pdf form about a month before the event. You download it, fill it out, mail or fax it to them. In the CC field you type in HYUNDAI. Hyundai only pays for your weekend paddock pass ($25). That includes the car show and the audio comp. What is not included is the $25 speed comp fee. When filling out said form, include the appropriate form of payment. Be sure to denote you are hyundai so they do not charge you $50 bux. If you are in the speed comp, you do need a certified helmet. Do not ask me what that means b/c I do not know what makes a helmet certified or anything at all about helmets or any requirnments mid-ohio has about helmets. Visit the website and give them a call or dop an email. I think that about covered it all. I will post up a link to the pdf sign up sheet when I see it go up. Fyi, check your email after you sign up. They will send you instructions once they process your form. You enter in the gate, stop to the left where the ticket booths are, and get your ticket.

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">HOTEL INFORMATION</span>

POST WHEN YOU HAVE RESERVED

We are using the same hotel as last year (link above)

Phone number: 419-589-3333

1 bed - 67.50 / night + tax

2 bed - 72 / night + tax

Reserver room under group name: NEW TIBURON (so we all get close to each other hopefully)

<span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">I JUST called-- 12 rooms left-- 4 smoking 2 bed, 6 smoking 1 bed, 2 nonsmoking 1 bed. Im going to call back and reserve one 2 bed for me.</span> this post is by me HOMEY14H

CALL ASAP AS HE SAYS HE DOES NOT HAVE TOO MANY MORE ROOMS LEFT FOR THAT WEEKEND

Just an afterthought....... there are no chairs provided for those of you who do not know from last year. Bring a folding chair or something so maybe this year we can all sit around and chill. Most people walked off and did their own thing in light of just standing in a circle by the cars.

<span style="color:#FF0000">Alright rd.com members I pulled all this off of the previous post and off of newtib.com. I will be going up there in my silver rd2. I may be bringing some friends with me NOT sure yet have to ask. I will find that out ASAP. That way if no one comes up with me maybe a member or two would like to ride up and then room together to kill the costs. If that happens mayb you could meet at my house or something and leave your car there. idk. I will try to get a hold of one of those hotels today and see just how many rooms they have left, etc. REDZ--i am not able to update this so I will just post a reply with updates and then would you update the first post for me?</span>
SHOULD I CALL TO SEE IF WE CAN HAVE A BOOTH???... Does anyone have a portable tent or somethin we can use because i dont. Ill check around here with friends and family though too.

POST BY BMS231
some of you may have noticed midohio.com is brand new. there is a registration link there, HOWEVER, we are still getting charged. i sent another email to mark to see what our coupon code is and what a "will call" order is. soon my kiddies, soon we shall be able to register.

the link will be...

https://store.midohio.com/pc-164-10...gistration.aspx

if the above does not work do the following

1. go to http://www.midohio.com
2. click the "Buy" tab
3. click "Buy Tickets"
4. click EMCO Gears Classic Presented by KeyBank
5. click Triple Crown Tuner Challenge Registration

but like i said, YOU CAN NOT REGISTER YET OR ELSE YOU WILL PAY FOR THE TICKETS

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">HOW TO REGISTER FREE.....</span>

Car Club: Hyundai
Coupon Code: HyundaiTCTC

PLEASE SELECT "WILL CALL" AND PICK UP YOUR TICKETS AT THE FRONT GATE!!!

IF YOU ARE COMPETING IN THE SPEED COMP, IT IS LIMITED TO THE FIRST 50 PEOPLE WHO SIGN UP. YOU MUST SPECIFY YOUR CLASS. (i.e. -6 cyl, 4 cyl, 6 cyl f/i, 4 cyl f/i)

hey bms...i got a question for u.
now it just hit me....yea its free for us to enter and the dinner and what not...
....but wut if we are bringing someone? is it free for them to get into the show too? and the dinner bc they came with hyundai owners? or what?
that may be a good specific thing to find out....

THERE HAS BEEN NO ANSWER TO THIS YET on NEWTIB.COM

HOW TO REGISTER FREE.....

Car Club: Hyundai
Coupon Code: HyundaiTCTC

PLEASE SELECT "WILL CALL" AND PICK UP YOUR TICKETS AT THE FRONT GATE!!!

IF YOU ARE COMPETING IN THE SPEED COMP, IT IS LIMITED TO THE FIRST 50 PEOPLE WHO SIGN UP. YOU MUST SPECIFY YOUR CLASS. (i.e. -6 cyl, 4 cyl, 6 cyl f/i, 4 cyl f/i)

<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">RD.com List</span>
Going
Homey14h- Matt- RESERVED 2bed smoking $80 a night he said
2000 Tiburon
Passengers-? not sure yet

dxtreamsktrxc IS going in his rd2. not sure bout any other passengers

a friend of his is drivin her GK- her boyfriend is comin in her car

so both cars are goin.

Interested

Ericy321
RD2
Passengers-?

Ericy321 BROTHER
Mr2
Passenger-?
Old 05-15-2006, 02:03 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Pretty well done man. Any updates that need in the first post can be handled via REPORT.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:14 PM

Some links do not work. ill keep checkin newtib.com to see if they have fixed it or not. Come on people represent rd.com damn*t!
Old 05-16-2006, 05:40 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

OK. here is how it is going to be.

the TWO topics were merged. EVERY off topic post was deleted. please read the first post in this thread by bms231 and also the post by homey14h.

keep it ON TOPIC

i edited the post homey14h wrote to exclude the "list" of members of NT.com.. we can start our own list
Old 05-16-2006, 08:44 AM

WTF? Why the hell did you do that? The other thread was locked. BMS231 is not in charge of this for this site at all. Damnit man.

Leave it like it is man, it's what I told him to do.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:47 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

well im glad spart did this
its a flame war that got offtopic

why bring down a meet just cuz of one guy?
Old 05-16-2006, 08:48 AM

I sent a REPORT with an update on how to register for free. just wondering if anyone got it and if they did could you please add it.

EDIT- Been thinkin about becoming one cool.gif Im on this site EVERYDAY ALL DAY at work lol. so theres no point why I cant contribute something.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:50 AM

No more posts about that other thread guys. It's closed, leave it alone. This thread is clean, and about the meet, and JUST HAPPENS TO HAVE ALL THE INFO ABOUT THE MEET, and is being run by a loyal RDT member.

The stuff about the meet had nothing to do with BMS231, it was about Hyundai's treatment of the RD crowd. Read the thread if you don't understand. BMS231 is just being a lazy ass and a moron and didn't want to do what it takes.

NO MORE OFF TOPIC POSTS IN THIS THREAD!!!

Homey, I'll fix it when I get home.

You know, Premier members can edit their posts right? LOL
Old 05-16-2006, 10:35 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Im going to try and get to this if theres nothing else going on that weekend. it would probably be me in my rd2 and my brother in his mr2
Old 05-16-2006, 01:02 PM

Can we get some more people please! drillsergeant.gif
I dont feel like sittin by myself under a tent with a banner for rd.com people will think im the only one on the site lol We NEED you guys to go and represent tiburons. You want people like SS to stop puttin us down and show some respect? well its chances like these that NEED to be taken advantage of!