USA - Midwest/Central USA - Midwest members here.

Where's The Interest?

Old 09-06-2005, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the Tibathon forums, it was pointed out that there doesn't seem to be very much interest for the meet. Barely anyone is even voting in the polls dunno.gif

I can't think of why this would be - seems like a giant meet would be SWEET and a lot of people would be interested.

What's your take on it? Why do you think people aren't very interested, and what do you think could be done to build interest?

I know the RDTiburon.com booth w/ the banner and flyers will help, thanks to java You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

I've told HP.com about it - they don't seem interested. NT members know all about it, they don't seem interested (and NT deletes/discourages discussion of it anyway mad.gif ).

Your opinions are appreciated fing02.gif
Old 09-06-2005, 11:44 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

its too far from where i live but other then that i would like to go.

my advice would be to set it for a place where people can do other stuff whether it be in vegas or at a car show /races. the thought of leting people pick is nice but it doesnt work people pick a place close to where they live not places where every1 would like to go.
when i went to your post or site i read/ seen where u wanted to have it or were every1 wanted to have it and i lost interest.

u have to find the middle ground a place where people would want to go and is resonable to drive to.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:27 AM

The thing is though, there is not a single place that is reasonable for *everyone*. The reason it is voted on is so that it is in a different place each year, giving more people the oppertunity to go.

If it was always in one location, it would constantly exclude people far from that location.

Even still, around every location there are still TONS of people. For example if it was in Chicago - the polls highest vote so far - there are at least 100 tibs within a 4 hour drive.

No place is given preference over another, but it can't be held in one place every year, you know?

If you saw where people wanted to have it, why not vote where *you* want to have it? That's why it's set up that way so everyone has a say in where the meet is held. If more people voted, the final location would be somewhere that satisfied the most people.

When it very first came up as idea to have a national meet, we thought about having it smack-dab in the middle of the US - somewhere in Kansas. No one liked that idea because the location wasn't exciting, and it was decided by everyone that voting on major cities would be the best way. I agree w/ that.

The low interest isn't a new thing due to the cities people submitted, it's been this way since the beginning. It's amost like people don't want a national meet dunno.gif
Old 09-07-2005, 05:54 AM

Personally I hope that some more people get interested. Right now it does not look like anyone really wants it to take place in Bristol but I hope more people vote for it. I am going regaurdless where it is going to be at this up and coming year. Hopefully to make friends and have a good time.

Plus some people may not have money to go on a trip but you got to think it is about a year away from now so you could actually save money from here on out to be able to make it where ever it may be.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:39 AM

It's a hit and miss thing
Trust me, from someone who's used to plan our annual Hyundai Fundai's.
Some years you get a whack load of people and some years you get 10 of your closest friends.

We advertize the same every year and also by word of mouth,...
Here are a few pix of our gatherings
http://www.hyundai-owners.com/meets.html

We didn't have one last year or this year, it's just too time consuming and the 3 of us just aren't really into it like we used to be.

I'm sure Graham knows what I mean, after organizing Hyundai Sunday
Old 09-07-2005, 08:15 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

My suggestion is to contact the public relations department at the Hyundai manufacturing plant in Greenville Alabama. You may be able to get alot of FREE national advertising and turn this thing into a Saturn Homecoming type of thing.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:35 AM

^^
That's a good idea. It would be cool to get an official support/help.

I will try to give them a call this Friday and see what they think. fing02.gif
Old 10-19-2005, 03:40 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon SE

bump...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KayJai @ Sep 7 2005, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It's a hit and miss thing
Trust me, from someone who's used to plan our annual Hyundai Fundai's.
Some years you get a whack load of people and some years you get 10 of your closest friends.</div>

Ok, so now finally I have a Hyundai, and I find out there used to be a gathering in my area, that no longer exists?? If we did this again I'd be in foshow...