USA - Midwest/Central USA - Midwest members here.

We're At The Show...

Old 09-17-2005, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Friday, Sept 17 2005, I arrived at the Speedway around 1330 local. I ran in, signed for the booth and passes and ran back to the car to go pick up Redzman from the airport. I arrived at the airport approximately 1455, about an hour after his plane landed! I looked all over for him, had him paged a few times, could not find him anywhere. I do not have a cell phone, so there was no calling him. I figured he probably caught the shuttle and headed to the hotel. So I drive to what I thought was our hotel and asked if he checked in. They told me I was at the wrong hotel and gave me directions to the proper hotel. I had them call the correct hotel to see if he checked in and he was on the line with the receptionist asking if I checked in! So we ended up meeting up at the correct hotel, he took a shuttle and I drove the 10 minutes or so there.

We drove back to the speedway at about 1800 to see if we could set up the booth. When we drove the gate the guy asked if we wanted to do a couple laps around the speedway. We told him we needed to go set up the booth. When we got to where the booth was supposed to go we realised that there really was no way for us to setup where we were supposed to since it was on concrete and we had no way of securing it down. So we decide to come in the morning and check out the situation. On the way out we asked about the couple laps and were told to go up and see if they would let us. After about a 15 minute wait they told us to keep it tight and safe. Yes folks I drove my Tiburon with Redzman as shotgun around the Atlanta speedway! We were going about 65 or so and it was a blast. Yes, we have it on video!

I will post about today later on tonight, we are getting ready to go eat.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Awesome!

I hear that REDZMAN guy ownz joo???

LOL

haha.gif fing02.gif

Sorry guys, wee are a bit drunk.

Anyways, good day for day one, the Garret guy from Garrett turbo's came by and asked a bunch of questions, took my card. Lots of guys that had never heard of the site, or evenKspec.com. Expect some new folks here.

Also, Viper966 hit a tire on the way down and his front bumper is phucked, his rear bumper is MISSING.

That's right, his exterior got TRASHED.

We are going to start a member of the month project, and I nominate Viper966 for the first month. That guy could have turned around and gone home after the incident.

Instead, he came, has repped hyundai and the site EXTREMELY well, and was quoted to say...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The body is messed up, but this car is about the engine.</div>

Hellsyeah.

Anyways, there's some 48 year old guy with a 99 tib here, sorta freaky but I'msure he'll post. He's cool. Old, but cool.

lmao.gif

The GK's are either mostly riced out or mostly stock. A few perty nice ones.

The biatches.

Well.

WOOHOO!!!

Uhm...

Majik is here, and doing well. Looks like we could almost be twins, except for my baby fat.

LOL

Uhm...

Tha's about it.

Great to see some of you guys, Java is upstairs washing his undies from shitting himself yesterday driving around the speedway.

BTW, we got video.

Dat's right.

Later biatches.

BTW, some mod needs to take up this Membe of the Month idea and run with it. Contact me to let me know who' gonna do it.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

65 on the atlanta speedway?

shoulda opened the thing up a bit. wink1.gif

sounds like a blast, sucks about viper's car though. id be pissed. sad.gif
Old 09-17-2005, 07:06 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

nice to see everything is goin well

and i agree w/ tibby01... only 65? it must have taken 5 mins to do a full lap. lol. pokey
Old 09-18-2005, 11:50 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

the show was awesome. With the slope on that track, 65 would probably be a safe speed for the Tib.

Yeah... poor Viper hit a tire and really messed up the car. I'll post pics later.

On the way home, my front bumper was torn up as well... the poor thing was on for only 4 DAYS before being cracked (had to get a new Veilside bumper a week before this show). I'll post pics of that as well... nothing NEAR as bad as Viper's though.

Had some problems at the show... Viper had to replace an alternator in the parking lot for the guy who ended up winning 1st Place in Hyunda-Tiburon Custom (orange RD2, VS sides/rear & Cuda front). Poor Viper worked on getting that old alternator out for an hour in the blistering hot heat.

The show was awesome; REDZ, Viper, Java and I expect to see more members there next year! Definitely worth the time and money
Old 09-19-2005, 10:57 AM

65 was about all we could do. The RSR NA Drift 350Z was leading us and we were not allowed to pass. Like majik said, the show was great and we all had an awesome time. You can expect a few new members joining up soon as well as some more aftermarket support!
Old 09-19-2005, 12:51 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Tibby

Hope Viper966's car is OK. Saw him on the side of I-75 Sunday night after the show...
Old 09-19-2005, 01:01 PM

Man I wish I could have gone. That sux about viper. But its deffinantly cool that you got to make laps around the track. You should have pulled up next to the 350 and gave him a 1-2 rev, Dropped the clutch and challenged him to a race. But Majik send me those pics on WestKyImports.com.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:25 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TibbyGirl @ Sep 19 2005, 01:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hope Viper966's car is OK. Saw him on the side of I-75 Sunday night after the show...
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

As far as I know he is fine. Apparently his alternator belt got shredded. He called up Will (Orange RD2) and he brought the tools and supplies to help him out.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

oh boy... what a weekend for changing out alternators...
so many people this weekend got owned.gif

Viper.... I actually witnessed a semi blowing his tire on the way back to Nashville... heard it flapping then saw it fly up way above the semi. Good thing I was 3 lanes over from him