Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/)
-   -   What Do You All Think? Turbo Kit (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/what-do-you-all-think-turbo-kit-49867/)

David Dickson 11-03-2008 08:05 AM

I was finally able to help a friend of mind finish his turbo kits. What do you all think? All opinions welcome. It should work without a hitch with an RD setup due to the air to water IC. smile.gif

Stage 1 Kit

Stage 2 Kit

cbehage 11-03-2008 08:09 AM

Sound like a nice kit. Great price. Like to see some pics/dyno

David Dickson 11-03-2008 08:18 AM

We are currently looking for either a RD or XD/GK test subject right now. If both his and my car weren't already so modified we'd use our own cars. Too much of a PITA to go back to stock now.. wink1.gif

Stocker 11-03-2008 08:27 AM

::raises hand::

um, would this involve a free kit?

lmao.gif j/k you might specify how much the guinea pig has to shell out to be the proud owner of a test bed.

tibbytib 11-03-2008 08:31 AM

All line and fittings.... so does that include oil feed and return lines? Sandwich plate? Also, the injectors are the same size in both, I would imagine that the stage two would be larger injectors and a higher rated spring in the wastegate for more boost. If you are talking reliability and selling kits that are pure bolt on for customers I would suggest lower Boost for the stage one and higher boost for stage 2. As it is right now, I see no real incentive to spend more money on the stage two, other than the bigger turbo. Just my 2 cents. Maybe I'm missing something though, I just woke up... smile.gif

Will the SMT-6 be plug and play or cut and splice? If you want a plug and play unit, I may have a hook up for you with my tuner. He did mine so I retained my factory wiring harness and also maintained the integrity of all the wiring by not having to splice into any of the factory wires.

Will the downpipe directly connect to the stock exhaust? I think this would be nice, as this would allow folks to utilize a variety of options out there. Stock exhaust, the Motorias (I believe SS Autochrome still has these on their website) that are floating out there, or custom fabrication.

What about a BOV? This would be nice to have int he kit as well.

Looks good Dave!!! I think you guys are really onto something here! Price seems very fair for the stage 1.

David Dickson 11-03-2008 08:38 AM

Wow! Tanks for the interest!! We are totally serious about mass producing this kit as we have enough material to make 5 kits right now. smile.gif

LOL, I just read my friends listings in detail and I don't see any difference. We had talked about using a 18g for the stage 2 kit and lowering the boost to 10psi for the stage 1. I will have to get on his Arse to put the changes in the description. wink1.gif He must've been drunk when he created the pages.. lol We'll get that sorted out.

Yup, includes ALL fittings, clamps, hoses, everything. The SMT-6 will not be plug and play because that would add quite a bit of cost for the male/female ECU fittings. I was gonna include a diagram for installation in the engine bay because that is worlds easier than installing next to the OE ECU on either RD or GK tibs.

The kit will be 100% bolt on for either RD or GK. The downpipe is univiersal. What will be different is the pipe that connects the DP to the exhaust system.

SOCKS_old 11-03-2008 09:03 AM

if i wasn't currently about to release a bolt on RD kit, i would be promoting this right now..

and next week ill be working on a GK mock-up.. lmao.gif lmao.gif

good luck with this kit..

Blue Bomber 11-03-2008 09:24 AM

Looks good man. Great price. Might make a nice after christmas present for myself. smile.gif

Work on gettin some pics of the kit and some dyno results so we know what we are getting.

REDZMAN 11-03-2008 01:48 PM

Heh, there's always me. But...

1. I don't need the manifold. I gots a nice one. I hate the way log manifolds look.
2. Don't need the SMT. LOL
3. Don't like dual fuel rails. Stuff is cramped up behind the IM as it is.

Anyways, glad to see more coming out, run a spell checker on those pages though mang. (Friend of mind?)

tanc 11-03-2008 02:39 PM

Just a question but how are you going to pull 450whp out of a b16g? That would require over 25psi out of the turbo and its way out of it's efficiency range. This will overheat and cause LOTS of knock...and we all know what that means.

The efficiency range for this turbo is around 350-380whp and that's even with meth injection to cool down the temps.

So to be safe, without running meth the efficiency of the turbo is around 320-340whp. If you have dyno proof of a car running an unmodified td05h 16g running no meth, nitrous etc..and a similar setup to what your selling, throwing down more than 400whp, please show me.

Also, how are you going to pull 450whp on secondary 290's? LOL...they won't flow enough.