Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/)
-   -   Turbo Kit (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/turbo-kit-49344/)

Tibs 09-11-2008 11:32 PM

Where's the best place to buy a turbo kit? I know i can piece one together but i rather just buy a kit. The only one i can find is the extreme kit on importperformanceparts.net and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it.

Evo 09-12-2008 01:23 AM

www.rdtiburonturbokits.com

yamaha 09-12-2008 05:59 AM

Nobody really sells turbo kits anymore. I have one for my Accent I would sell that is a plug and play. All you would need is to mate the downpipe to your exhaust.

mwood 09-12-2008 07:26 AM

best thing to do is peice it together, you get quality parts and the parts you want for your goal of whp in mind....

or just buy yamaha kit...he is a proven member when it comes to turbocharging any hyundai

Tibs 09-12-2008 10:11 AM

so i shouldn't buy the kit on importperformanceparts.net

David Dickson 09-12-2008 11:28 AM

I wonder why the actual manufacturer of the turbo kit doesn't list Hyundai on its website???

http://www.turbospecialties-race.com/completeKits.asp

REDZMAN 09-12-2008 01:44 PM

http://importperformanceparts.net/imports/...ec_hyundai.html

thta's the kit he's looking at.

I see no intercooler.

SOCKS_old 09-12-2008 02:01 PM

i wouldnt get that kit, unless they have pics, installed on a tib, with dynos and such..

who knows if its a bolt on, or just sorta close.. what turbo comes with kit? what type of injection system is it? does it even work on a tib ECU? what type of intercooler is it? size? etc. etc. etc. etc. too many un answered questions in their link.

i would build your own kit for a bit more than that price, and have a better kit.

Tibs 09-12-2008 02:06 PM

where's the best place to piece one together

mwood 09-12-2008 07:34 PM

first start here...

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=18676

then you need to know how to use the search button at the top...there are nurmous threads about what parts to purchase

second, what are your goals 200, 300, 400whp?

drag, autoX, or just street turbo?

then once you figure this out...go to the book store and get Max Boost so you know what you are doing

2uniq 09-12-2008 08:08 PM

I have a few things under the FOR SALE section including brand new intercooler , 3 inch exhaust crush bend system and downpipe
Take a look fing02.gif

Ericy321 09-12-2008 08:39 PM

Ill have a good starter setup for sale in a month probably with manifold, turbo, wastegate, and possibly intercooler with piping. Gotta wait for some things yet though.

Evo 09-13-2008 12:35 AM

ok, allow me to intervene.

it seems that the OP wants a turbo but doesnt want to know the inside to how it works/build etc.
a similar comparison, a guy wants a computer but doesnt want to build it himself..

why does the OP need to know the ins and out of how it works, and why does everyone keep telling him/her that, when it seems obvious thats not wats he's looking for

demon_fox 09-13-2008 01:06 AM

^ well knowing this stuuf an how it operates is essentioal not causing himself to bloe=w his engine from ie too much boost, oild seals leakin on turbo, internals weakeing and so forth so he know what his turbo can do safely an not igntorantly push too far without knowing an the jkablooey no engine. were jut saying in sme cases ignorance its not bliss. better to be educated an safe than not know wat ur doing an get hurt. no offense please. just being honest

Evo 09-13-2008 01:37 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (demon_wolf @ Sep 13 2008, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^ well knowing this stuuf an how it operates is essentioal not causing himself to bloe=w his engine from ie too much boost, oild seals leakin on turbo, internals weakeing and so forth so he know what his turbo can do safely an not igntorantly push too far without knowing an the jkablooey no engine. were jut saying in sme cases ignorance its not bliss. better to be educated an safe than not know wat ur doing an get hurt. no offense please. just being honest</div>
no offence taken. but i dont agree with what you say. im not eduacated (sic) in how an engine works. sure i know the basics/theory but not to the level to build one. yet i can drive around quite fine without that knowledge. why cant the same be done with a turbo.

dddude55 09-13-2008 01:58 AM

Because you are adding to that said engine that you know nothing about...... I don't know whats in this vile I better drink it.. oops poison, I'm dead T_T

If you are going to be adding lots of heat and cramming air down your engines throat and using the oil up faster and etc, etc.... Then you should really know what you are doing to the engine at least.

Evo 09-13-2008 02:33 AM

sure, i understant that, but that needs to be explained to the OP, not just throwing him and bunch of links and go here

stealth 09-13-2008 07:57 AM

i have to agree with dddude and demon on this,
the "op" has bought his said "computer" he knows how to use it, but now he wants to upgrade the processor, motherboard, hard drive etc etc, without further knowledge on what kind of parts to buy for his "computer," you get the wrong parts, or cheap/crudey parts, you risk frying the computer and having to either A) get a new one, or B) rebuild the parts that are gone

they havent really been throwing links out there for him, they have linked him to not only websites for good turbo parts, but also threads explaining what parts to get to piece together a turbo, and why to get them

REDZMAN 09-13-2008 08:44 AM

Very well said.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Evo @ Sep 13 2008, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>ok, allow me to intervene.

it seems that the OP wants a turbo but doesnt want to know the inside to how it works/build etc.
a similar comparison, a guy wants a computer but doesnt want to build it himself..

why does the OP need to know the ins and out of how it works, and why does everyone keep telling him/her that, when it seems obvious thats not wats he's looking for</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Evo @ Sep 13 2008, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>no offence taken. but i dont agree with what you say. im not eduacated (sic) in how an engine works. sure i know the basics/theory but not to the level to build one. yet i can drive around quite fine without that knowledge. why cant the same be done with a turbo.</div>

We do it because we've seen too many members come in, buy some cheap ass ebay setup, toss it on their car in search of T3h Boo5t, blow up their engine, and then call our site and their cars crap.

We don't do that here. We try to help someone figure out what they want, and how to get there safely. We also don't spoon feed ANYONE here. Folks that arent' willing to learn will quickly be selling their cars one way or another to pick up something else that's already turbocharged.

Tibs 09-20-2008 07:57 PM

sorry i havent replied but i havent had power in over a week because of the stupid hurricane. I know how a turbo and engine work i work on cars for a living i've just never built a turbo kit before and don't want to buy some crap thats just going to break in a couple thousand miles. I have a $3500 budget and would like to end up with around 300hp eventually.

SOCKS_old 09-20-2008 08:58 PM

PM sent

Role Reversal 09-20-2008 09:27 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Evo @ Sep 13 2008, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>no offence taken. but i dont agree with what you say. im not eduacated (sic) in how an engine works. sure i know the basics/theory but not to the level to build one. yet i can drive around quite fine without that knowledge. why cant the same be done with a turbo.</div>

If thats the case buy a car that come stock turbo, or better yet go buy a honda where the aftermarket already has dozens of kits with engine management included. Building a turbo hyundai is like building a gaming computer, you have to know what is going on for it to function correctly. If you dont like it then sell your hyundai and go mainstream.

Ericy321 09-20-2008 10:58 PM

Ill have my manifold, turbo, wastegate, intercooler and piping for sale in about a month and a half. Everything has about 100 miles on it and never saw any real power. Just a heads up if you are still looking when that time comes around.

Evo 10-05-2008 07:28 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Role Reversal @ Sep 21 2008, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If you dont like it then sell your hyundai and go mainstream.</div>
no offence, actually no, please take offence, that's the worst advice i've ever heard on a car forum. that attitude is elitist, and what bring the scene down.

REDZMAN 10-06-2008 03:06 PM

The more I see you post, the more of a moron you are Evo.

Role Reversal was right on the money, either you learn what you are doing and do it right, or you screw up your Hyundai from not listening to advise and sell it, buy a Honda or Scion or some other car, and talk shit about Hyundai's.

All because you (the modifier) can't listen.

A FEW of us members here have been involved with tuning our cars for nearly a decade, so if you ask for advise, be prepared for it, just like the forum rules state, no one says you'll like the advise you are given.

Evo 10-06-2008 03:25 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RED ZMAN @ Oct 7 2008, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The more I see you post, the more of a moron you are Evo.

Role Reversal was right on the money, either you learn what you are doing and do it right, or you screw up your Hyundai from not listening to advise and sell it, buy a Honda or Scion or some other car, and talk shit about Hyundai's.

All because you (the modifier) can't listen.

A FEW of us members here have been involved with tuning our cars for nearly a decade, so if you ask for advise, be prepared for it, just like the forum rules state, no one says you'll like the advise you are given.</div>
im a moron cause i dont agree with ur values zman. plain and simple. let make no mistake about it.

im not saying the advice u give is bad, far from it. just the way u present it to us n00bs. you (and i dont mean you in particular zman) come across as elitist. we dont all have the same needs as you.

and while i'm having a rant, i'll also take this time to "attack" vendors. why does it seem that every second vendor is dodgy. why does it seem that every second vendor gives crappy service, long wait times, wrong products, rip off prices, etc?

have a nice day

REDZMAN 10-06-2008 03:39 PM

No, you are a moron because you think you are right, when you are most OBVIOUSLY not. You want the world to run by your reasoning, and it won't, so you are bitter.

You won't win here.

BTW, do NOT quote the post above yours again.

It also doesn't matter what your needs are, read the site rules, you ask for advise, you will be given it. The OP here asked about a turbo kit, and obviously has little knowledge in the area. Were he to go buy the ebay kit and install it, he would, MOST LIKELY FROM THE EXPERIENCE OF OTHER NEW TUNERS, blow his engine or screw up his car, then sell it, and bad mouth Hyundai.

We promote proper tuning here, don't like it? Go to NT.

As for your OT question about vendors, it's like that on almost all sites, and it's getting worse over the entierity of the internet. They do it because they can get away with it, and most users just give up instead of fight.

radu_rd2 10-06-2008 04:12 PM

I also agree that people should learn how stuff works in general before they try to modify their cars.

HOWEVER you can also learn a lot just by trying and doing it, even if you do make some mistakes. You might screw up your Hyundai, so what's it to all of you? For each his own, as well as he knows from start he's walking on risky territory.

Btw redz, I like how you can call anybody "moron" whenever you feel like it, but when someone calls you something like that you are all like "i was personally attacked" and whatever. I don't understand why you need to use your admin powers in any old argument (and yes, calling someone "moron" when they aren't allowed to call you one, IS using your admin powers). And for the billionth time, it's spelled <span style="color:#FF0000">ADVICE</span>. Leave it to a Romanian to teach you your native language..

Mr. Muffin 10-06-2008 04:26 PM

^^everyone knows redZ is a dick, but nobodys gonna beat him at his own game, on his website!^^
RDT is still and will always be better then NT tho, lol. its the members that make a community not the police, although they can sure change a community lmao.gif

REDZMAN 10-06-2008 04:37 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (radu_rd2 @ Oct 6 2008, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I also agree that people should learn how stuff works in general before they try to modify their cars.

HOWEVER you can also learn a lot just by trying and doing it, even if you do make some mistakes. You might screw up your Hyundai, so what's it to all of you? For each his own, as well as he knows from start he's walking on risky territory.

Btw redz, I like how you can call anybody "moron" whenever you feel like it, but when someone calls you something like that you are all like "i was personally attacked" and whatever. I don't understand why you need to use your admin powers in any old argument (and yes, calling someone "moron" when they aren't allowed to call you one, IS using your admin powers). And for the billionth time, it's spelled <span style="color:#FF0000">ADVICE</span>. Leave it to a Romanian to teach you your native language..</div>

"Just Trying and Doing" a turbo? No one here has the money to make those kind of mistakes here.

So why aren't you "Just trying and Doing" yours?

You've got someone who knows what they are doing, doing it for you.

Call me whatever you want, if it's on topic, and I'm attacking you, I won't warn you for it. But here, you are OFF TOPIC, as I didn't say shit to you. I haven't used any "admin powers" in any argument on this thread, that's personal use of a statement. If Javageek or tibby01 want to tell me not to do so, I'll take it under ADVICEMENT.

My major isn't English, but I still spell better on a daily basis than most of the folks on this site.

If you don't have something to say as per the topic, shut your pie hole. if you want to make the 11 millionth "OMFG NAZI REDZMANG>>!>!>!%$!%%" thread, be my guest.

And Mr Muffin, it aint' my website.

Role Reversal 10-06-2008 05:02 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Evo @ Oct 5 2008, 06:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>no offence, actually no, please take offence, that's the worst advice i've ever heard on a car forum. that attitude is elitist, and what bring the scene down.</div>

lmao.gif WOW i'm sorry I was honest with you.... here let me spoon feed you and sugar coat it. Oh wait I forgot, sugar coated shit is still shit. So if you would like me to beat around the bush and be a ray of sunshine for you i can. Please let me know how you want my responses form this point foward.

Nothing against owning a hyundai, but putting hyundai and elitist in the same sentence is an oxymoron. Maybe if this were a BMW or Audi forum I would take offense or take your comment as more than just a grain of salt, but I wont. You will be what brings this scene down! Because you want it the easy way and well, getting a boosted hyundai isn't easy. When it goes sour and you don't know why, you will piss and moan and blame hyundai for your half ass attempt.(Here comes some hoprrible advice again) So once again please go buy something with and aftermarket to support your wants.

SOCKS_old 10-06-2008 06:13 PM

i'm with that guy... ^^^^ lmao.gif

but seriously guys, i mentioned it enoguh, i am HERE to spoon feed you with the kit that is coming soon.. if people can't figure it out the kit if/when they buy it, they should own a bicycle or take the bus around town.

what AJ said wasn't anywhere CLOSE to bad advice on boosting/modding..

his comment (as i took it) was more like; if your too friggin lazy or just lack the mental capacity to research and figure out how to boost/mod, then you should get something mainstream like a; DSM, srt-4, EVO, audi, saab, etc. basically, go buy something that someone has already done all the R&D/work for you so you don't have to figure it out.

the worst advice would be 'why mod a hyundai, they are pieces of crap'

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>im not eduacated (sic) in how an engine works. sure i know the basics/theory but not to the level to build one. yet i can drive around quite fine without that knowledge. why cant the same be done with a turbo.</div>

this comment confuses me.. im not sure if its a seriously question or not?!?!?! could be complete cluelessness, or ignorance. a few google searchs, a half hour of reading corky bell's bible, and some reading on here could answer this.

theres a big difference in driving around in a stock/slightly modded car, and driving around with a turbo car.. the reason you can drive around fine with a stock car, is cuz it was built so anyone could drive around in it, without knowledge.. lmao.gif lmao.gif

when you introduce pressure, more fuel, more heat, tuning, etc. etc. into the sytem, you have to have either someone who has already R&D a kit and figured out the quirks (and even then, still can be issues) or do a lot of reading, and researching on something that would best fit your needs/wants/drivability.

theres plenty more answers to this question, but i don't have the time to respond to everything, but for you guy/guys to get PO'd.

again, if anyone is looking for something well priced, with all the R&D done already, send me a PM. ill make a huge post once its all ready, but im looking for some interest now

Evo 10-06-2008 08:34 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RED ZMAN @ Oct 7 2008, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No, you are a moron because you think you are right, when you are most OBVIOUSLY not. You want the world to run by your reasoning, and it won't, so you are bitter.

BTW, do NOT quote the post above yours again.

It also doesn't matter what your needs are, read the site rules, you ask for advise, you will be given it. The OP here asked about a turbo kit, and obviously has little knowledge in the area. Were he to go buy the ebay kit and install it, he would, MOST LIKELY FROM THE EXPERIENCE OF OTHER NEW TUNERS, blow his engine or screw up his car, then sell it, and bad mouth Hyundai.</div>well i think i would be a moron if i went round thinking i was wrong all the time. who said im bitter? im cynical and sarcastic but certainly not bitter.

why not? something wrong with your post?

of course it matters what peoples needs are. my grandma doesnt need a 600kw firebrething v8 car, and i dont need site rules to tell me that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Role Reversal @ Oct 7 2008, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Because you want it the easy way and well, getting a boosted hyundai isn't easy.</div>as zman pointed out, i would be a moron if i wanted to do things the hard way. f***, i go through life thinking "hmmm, is there a harder way of doing this".

why is their no easy way? i wonder if (and im speculating here) people call hyundai shit cause there is little in the way of aftermarket stuff.

tanc 10-06-2008 09:02 PM

Okay my head hurts following this thread. It's been a nice off topic trip but its time to get locked and warn people.

Evo, your stupidity boggles my mind. Don't quote the post above yours because its a SITE RULE. Maybe you should read them because you've just received a warning.

Tibs 10-06-2008 09:30 PM

even if i blow the motor i'm not selling my car to get a friggin civic. i sorda plan on blowing the motor and building it the way i want. not trying to blow it but if it happens its not the end of the world. just weekend or late night at work.

REDZMAN 10-06-2008 10:14 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Evo @ Oct 6 2008, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>well i think i would be a moron if i went round thinking i was wrong all the time. who said im bitter? im cynical and sarcastic but certainly not bitter.

why not? something wrong with your post?

of course it matters what peoples needs are. my grandma doesnt need a 600kw firebrething v8 car, and i dont need site rules to tell me that.

as zman pointed out, i would be a moron if i wanted to do things the hard way. f***, i go through life thinking "hmmm, is there a harder way of doing this".

why is their no easy way? i wonder if (and im speculating here) people call hyundai shit cause there is little in the way of aftermarket stuff.</div>
Nothing was wrong with my post, no one said anything was. Read the site rules. Don't post in this thread again, PERIOD.

No one brought up your grandma. Your grandmother isn't looking to turbocharge a car that is, at a minimum, 7 years old. Your needs don't matter if you are going to just f*** it up, you read, learn how to do stuff, and apply it, if you don't, then we have to deal with your stupidity.

zman didn't post in this thread at all, he hasn't even been on this site in months.

And yes, you are bitter.

Tibs, open a new thread with specific questions if you can't find what you are looking for.