Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Riddle Me This

Old 01-09-2014, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib - REVISION A
Default Riddle Me This

As you guys know, I have a Revision A tib with 200K on the clock. The car is in immaculate condition inside and out and I made the decision this week to rip out the engine, get some new internals put in and hopefully make the engine run another 200K. In the process of making the engine like new, I am also going to splurge and spend 3-4 grand on a complete turbo kit. I dont plan on going crazy with the boost since I want my ish to last and remain in great working order for many many more years. My question has to do with the tuning since we know that can make or break a great turbo install. Since the beta ECU is locked and can't be modified or changed, what have you guys done for tuning? Or do I not have to deal with a tune since I'll have higher CC injectors and a fuel pump in place to keep things from going boom. What about a fuel controller like an SAFC from AEM? Please give me some advice on this topic since I know there are a ton of you turbo guys on here so you would be the best when it comes to these questions. Thanks guys. :biggrin:
Old 01-09-2014, 06:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Accent

A lot of members have had good luck with the AEM FIC. Could look into that option. Getting things properly tuned is the best route to go.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:24 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

You need to answer questions like:

Do you need obd for local inspections?

What are your power goals in the end?

What internals did you use? Factory replacement or forged.

What do your local shops like to tune? I highly suggest asking them for suggestions and do not cheap out on this part since it is the most important piece.

Do NOT use the safc!