Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Piecing together a turbo kit

Old 02-22-2002, 02:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piecing together a turbo kit

I'd really like to piece together my own kit as well. I can get great help putting it in (Choopi amongst others), but I'd like to come up with a detailed list of all of the parts that i would need, so I can start buying.

·Turbo (t3/t4 hybrid)
·manifold (buy off of the ballistics kit)
·beefed up internals (semi-forged pistons, rings, rods,crank?)
·new clutch
·exhaust (downpipe, high-flow cat[or no cat?], some nice flowing muffler, 2.5" - 3" piping)
·BOV (blitz type s?)
·wastegate (external, that's all i know)
·intercooler (some kind of FMIC)
·new fuel pump (2nd gen DSM pump?)
·boost controller (electronic, not sure which)
·fuel management (will S-AFC be enough?)
·piping (from and to where exactly?; turbo to intercooler, intercooler to exhaust... i dunno on this one)
·hoses, clamps (again, not sure what all i need here)
·gauges (boost, A/F, ¿EGT?)

What am i missing? Please help me make this a definitive list, any suggestions on brand/model are welcome.

Basically the KORE setup is my guide, but i think that's there are things that can be added to in that kit, and also some nice prices on individual components. I'm going to crunch the numbers when I'm all done (probably won't say how much it comes out to though because i don't want KORE pissed if it's better). Thanks in advance, lata.

[ February 22, 2002: Message edited by: loafy777 ]
Old 02-22-2002, 03:20 AM

Damnit Eric... Are you THAT damn pissed that my car is faster than yours?!?!?!?

Seriously.. If you need me to help ya with anything, gimmie a call.. I'll see what I can do.. smile.gif

Late
Old 02-22-2002, 03:31 AM

Hehe right right. No I'm just pissed that I convinced myself that a 16.8 car was gonna cut it. That's ok, gives me time to piece together my setup and buy everything just how i want it. Just need to know specifics from the "pros" as to what all I should buy.
Old 02-22-2002, 04:45 AM

I'm going to try and get a website up this weekend about my project with pics, links, and an overview of why I made certain decisions (some were ulta-scientific, others were more like "wow that looks shiny, I should buy it")

The miscellaneous is the only thing that ruins most people's budgets. Piping, oil feels, water feeds, connectors, extra tools . . . it adds up fast. But if you're prepared for it, then it is a lot of fun.

ac