Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

1.8 Pistons And Rods.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 96 accent

ok so i stumbled onto the myth about the low comp result from putting 1.8 pistons and rods in a 2.0, but im not sure if its true or not..

anyone have more info or proven facts on this? cant find rod lengths or anyhting anywhere short of going to the jyard and tryign to find a 1.8 and 2.0 to compare i not sure where to find them.

when i look on some oem hyundai part websites they list the rods and pistons for 2.0 and 1.8 and forestgreen on ebay says they fit both, so what im comming to think is that there the same.

im interested in this because im doing a low buget build and the "7.8:1" compression would be great at a very affordable price.
i dont like playing with 10:1 compression for reliablilty reasons, but i dont want forge pistons because this is a beater car.

anyoneever think of taking some evo 8 piston rods measurements or other substitutes.???

hope to fill this post with some usefull info thanks guys and gals.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:46 AM
Banned

its true.. drops the compression WAY low.. i wouldn't recommend it though.

would be better idea and just a bit more money to get some forged weiscos with a higher compression ratio..

the beta can handle a good amount of boost with the stock compression RELIABLY.

if your doing a low budget build, you probably won't be pushing much boost anyway, and shouldn't even worry about touching the motor.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:47 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Welcome to the site, I know you are brand new here but you need to use the SEARCH function before posting. We've had a few dozen threads on 1.8 Pistons, everything to do with them.

I'll do the first one for you, since the general membership screams "PRICK" or "NAZI" if you don't.

I searched for...

Search

More Search Options

Search Topic Titles

1.8L Piston

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?act=Sea...=%2B1.8L+piston

I will now close this thread, so you can read the spoonfed search, and the links therein. Please feel free to post in any of the threads already out there, if you have new info or a more specific question.

I hope this is completely satisfactory for my critics.