Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/)
-   -   Need info for hard fuel line adapter (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/need-info-hard-fuel-line-adapter-83810/)

tibbytib 05-09-2018 12:40 AM

Need info for hard fuel line adapter

Looking for any info on the kind of adapter I will need to connect an after market fuel filter to the OEM hard line on the 1st Gen RDs. Im having fuel pressure issues and believe it's a combination of a restrictive fuel filter and crush bent fuel lines going to the fuel rail from the OEM filter.

I've already sourced a high flow fuel filter and a company who will make the E85 compliant braided fuel line. I just need to know what kind of adapter I will need for the main hard line that is on the firewall. It will be going to a -6an male. I have no idea what size or type of connection is at the end of the hard line where our OEM filters screw on to.

Any ideas welcome! Thanks in advance for any advice!

faithofadragon 05-09-2018 10:33 AM

why not just replace the entire line with -10?

jongtr did it that way if i remember correctly. it should be posted here somewhere.

i went looking for it and it seems photobucket killed all the pics.

iirc he ran a line to the tank, then mounted a canister fuel filter on the frame rail

tibbytib 05-09-2018 11:28 AM

I did consider that. I like the idea of hard lines on the bottom of the car though. I can always go that route if this doesn't resolve my problem. This could potentially save a lot of time and money if this solves the problem. And if not, I'm only out the cost of the adapter.

Which....I still have no idea what kind of adapter I need!

JonGTR 05-09-2018 02:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I went with black braided hose that's E85 compliant, but that was definitely not the best way to go. It was more expensive, but easier to do. If I had the time, I would have gone with -10 hardlines most of the way and took the time to learn and build it. It's lighter and takes up less room under the car.

The stock fuel lines are definitely a restriction around 400hp. I believe they are smaller than Hondas and as you've found, have multiple kinks along the way. Be careful how you go down this road as it can get long and winding with no turning back, as you can see by my pic. :blink:

Attachment 2634

tibbytib 05-09-2018 06:48 PM

LOL!! Yes, I'm starting to know that road very well!!

Dave ran over 400hp in his red 2003 2.0. He claims he never had fuel pressure issues. The GKs are setup a little different though. They don't have the fuel filter on the fire wall with crap tons of shitty crush bends in under sized hard lines. It's a straight shot to the fuel rail in the GKs as the fuel filter is back in the tank.

So, I'm attempting to mimick that setup, and also use a very free flowing fuel filter by Fuelab. It's a good final attempt at fixing the problem before undergoing -10 hardlines under the car.

JonGTR 05-10-2018 06:12 AM

Fuelab is the post-filter I went with since it has the smaller 6 micron filter element. My pre-filter is an older Aeromotive which comes with a much bigger filter. My fuel pump is a Magnaflow 750. The option was there for dual Walbros, but even those are limited to 5-600hp I believe and I didn't want to touch anything ever again if I happened to get that high.

tibbytib 05-10-2018 09:20 AM

Jon, you're crazy man! Haha! 750 Magnaflow?!? Nice!

I don't blame you! I hate re-digging into things when I could have done it right the first time. I'm pretty much on the cusp of where I'm taking my Tib. I love the turbo I have, so I'm not upgrading it. It's the 16G off an Evo VIII. It's getting close to maxed out. I'm at 365hp at the wheels about 16psi (corrected) and I can't get the power to the ground as it is. My end goal has always been 400hp, and I'm damn close! Next big supporting mod is an LSD! I love saying that!! Hope that happens in the next year or so.

I also want to stop short of getting to the point of breaking sh*t, and I'm getting close I feel. Looking forward to a fast, bad ass Tib thats actually somewhat reliable!

Juanra 05-17-2018 01:10 PM

I had the same problem over 400HP on stock fuel lines. I used -10 for the pressure line to the injectors and the OEM pressure for the return.

tibbytib 05-17-2018 01:24 PM

Well, will see if this helps. I found the adapter to use the stock hard lines under the car. It's some crazy female inverted flare to -6. That's what I'm going with. Got a high flow filter and -6 line to the rail. I know bigger is better, but, I'm going down this road first.