Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

my build

Old 01-27-2017, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

Does Jeremy (REDZMAN) troll on here anymore? AFAIK he got into the Kia Soul crowd, but still owns his RD? Man that redhead can cook!!
Old 01-27-2017, 10:32 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

The infamous ABQ BBQ's!! Those were so much fun!! We need to haggle him and get him to throw one for old times sake! For us Old timers....😎
Old 01-27-2017, 11:01 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Faith is his BFF.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:43 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Can I get homemade tacos instead of that sammich?
Old 07-23-2017, 11:48 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

still waiting for you mang.

mines been on the road and driving. yours is yard art.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:15 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

well, time to update this pile of shit again.

been a long time folks. welcome back. now go to hell.

anyways, holey shit has life changed since i last updated this.....

long story short, i quit my job and moved again. i build airplanes now. the move pushed the itch back and convinced me to work on this gigantic metalic trash can again.

first things first, dropped the gas tank and pulled out 18 years worth of rust and trash. it was gross. probably removed a solid 10lbs of garbage.

tossed in a new walbro while i was there and a new sock

luckily, the lines were pretty dang clean. i may or may not have drained the gas out cuz i knew it was going to sit. im going to go with did and feel special. either way.
toss in a new fuel filter and G2G.

bought some ID 72# injectors and tossed those in. removed the resistor box.

got it all buttoned up and installed the "pnp" megasquirt.

turned key and......nothing.

no spark, no fuel, nothing.

messed around and found the MS had the triggers backwards. fixed it and tried again. turn key, fans turn on, fuel pump turns on, no spark.

it would only spark when cranking. let go of the key and the spark would go away. also, when you take the key out of the car, the fuel pump would turn on.

it would stay on until either you disconnected the battery, or the battery died. no bueno. no bueno indeed. PNP my ass.

got tired of fucking around with it and just ordered an entire harness from DIYautotune. quality stuff, highly recommend it. labeled and color coordinated high quality wire.
#worth.

ordered the upgrade stuff to swap to a ms3 too. daughter card and such. yay for boost by gear and traction control (if i ever get around to setting it up) paid my buddy in vodka and he setup the ms3. removed all the silly shit they had setup on the "pnp" setup. (why would you run a resistor only to have it loop around the resister??? removes any reason to solder it in in the first place...)

ripped out the entire engine bay harness (sidenote, who's bright idea was it to have the wiper motor on the same harness as the engine?) and rewired the entire thing.

came out very pretty like. super easy to remove if i pull the engine too.

by this point i have like 3 days to move. debugged on the weekend, got fuel. got spark. got air. got crank. but for whatever reason it's not doin anything. i think its out of time.
the OBX pulley i have on it doesnt have timing marks which is stupid as hell. i need to swap back to a factory one anyways. need the dampner setup.
probably rip out my homemade alternator setup too as it's kinda trash and rusted. ill pick one up from atelierHP (shoutout to denis who is da realist mvp)

if i cant figure it out ill probably just load it up on a trailer and drop it off at one of the MANY tuners out here. oh lawd so many tuners.

getting close again. once i can drive it around, even if i am just on wastegate boost, ill get the big itch to finish it i bet.

then comes the fun part.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:51 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

You'll be up and running before me..dammit.. Good luck man!!..I got Denis's kit, .love it !!...Great to see ya back !!
Old 03-26-2019, 09:47 PM
gzk

Vehicle: hyundai accent X3 99 gt turbo 1.5 dohc

is it denso yaris coil you use ? how do you get them touch the spark plug because mine are too short ? can you send more picture i'm working on same spark setup