Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Make Your Boosted Engines Bulletproof!

Old 02-14-2005, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am currently in the process of having an engine built for my fiat. The one thing I am doing you did not add... I am having the block and head O-ringed.. this increases the amount of pressure that the head can contain over a headgasket.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:13 PM

Can you include prices on some of this stuff? Just curious if it's be cheaper to buy a new car lol

The only point for you to do any of these mods is if you're a true tuner, and you're true to what you do. But even for any other car, bulletproofing is still something you want to do for bulletproofing against high boosting turbos or spraying with nitrous.

This is also the step that everyone overlooks. One prime example...I know for a fact that the Delta guys using Ripp's SDS could benefit this. I know one of the guys have gone through 3 engines. Bulletproofing does help...especially if you preserve the money you've spent on your engine.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:46 PM

Man, you'd really have to be serious about tuning and deeply in love with your Tib to spend all that cash. I figure all of the above bulletproofing would cost more than your car. If you're into serious power it's well worth the money.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:53 PM

not so much in love... but I hate doing things twice... I am lazy that way. Doing a proper build up keeps me from having to do that..

As for my 132/Lancia Delta Hybrid.. I am planning on about 17 to 20 pounds boost... so bulletproofing is a must.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:54 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^^ You wouldn't have to do all of the above unless you were looking at a true PSI-crazy track car... I've had a little bit of the above done on the GSX, don't have tens of thousands to throw around on a complete blueprint. Some of the above you do see a little bit of a HP gain on however, along with added engine logevity.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:15 AM

where is there a stroker kit for our cars?
Old 02-15-2005, 09:44 AM

Lol..Just bulletproofing would be good for most of us wouldn't it?
Would you want to do all that stuff at lower levels like ~20?
Old 02-15-2005, 10:39 AM

QUOTE (bluetibbay)
Lol..Just bulletproofing would be good for most of us wouldn't it?
Would you want to do all that stuff at lower levels like ~20?

20psi? Technically, you don't need to do ALL of that. Those are just what's generally covered. If you do a majority of that, you're good to go for 30+PSI. Like Mad-Machine said...do you really want to end up doing it twice? I mean...if you blew your engine by using high boost lvls and no bulletproofing...then you'd have to buy another engine...if you're lucky and nothing else didn't blow...maybe you can boost her again. 'course...no bulletproofing...means she'll blow again...and again...until you realize...wow...you could've saved yourself money by just getting your engine bulletproofed.

And no, you don't have to be "in-love" with your Tib to do that. The fact is...the Beta has seen 1000HP. 'course, not very street driveable, or legal...but if you could get near 500+HP...and turn on/off your boost for daily driving...then it's not too feasible. But you'd be in a 500+HP FWD car...and well...chances are, you'll screw up and kill yourself...or your car.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:49 AM

Exactly AC.. I am already working on me SECOND Lancia Delta head as the first one went missing somewhere in northern Jersey (least it was insured) and I do not want to think about having to replace it again as fiat no longer makes the 16 twin cam engine, so parts are soon to scarce.. not to mention expensive.. cost me 2000 pounds for the head alone.. plus shipping
Old 02-15-2005, 12:04 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I think what people are missing, is the fact that this applies to maybe .005 of our crowd. And of the few in that group this thread is really helpfull for reference.

Nobody ever said, all of this MUST be done. Nobody said this is something you CAN do. And for sure nobody said they'd help you do it.

Most of the parts needed for high end tuning we dont get. And if you are serious enough to need that stuff, you wouldn't be asking us for advice.

This is a serious tuner task, not even a mod. More or less its not even Tuner, its straight up Racer or Race Team kind of work.

Granted I wish I had all of the above set into my engine bay, I might only get half way there, who knows. But its good for me to look at this thread while planning out the build ahead.

Just remember, nobody here will price you out on all this stuff. They just wont. But then if you were serious in the first place you wouldn't be asking questions here, you'd have your wallet open at a qualified machine shop.