Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Low Boost On Stock Compression

Old 05-24-2017, 01:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon

Thanks for the details about the clutch. I'll have to see what I can get figured out when I install the twin disc. It looks like the UK based 1.6L coupe has a push style clutch setup so if I decide not to use the hydraulic tob I'll be stealing a few parts from a 1.6.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:45 AM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

The 1.6L Coupe uses the same engine from the Accent everyone was getting the push components from so it should work..

you could probably just order the Hydraulic TOB from Clutchmasters...

AND!! How much was your built tranny?
Old 05-24-2017, 11:35 AM

Thanks that's good to know. I have the clutchmasters hydraulic TOB but it was a prototype so I need a mounting plate manufactured to secure it if I decide to go that route.

The tranny build come to around £5000 including VAT. That was for a complete gearset with custom ratios, new crown wheel + install with a quaife lsd.

tdonnell, just to confirm, are you saying the TOB / sleeve from the Accent has a larger diameter which fits over the Evo input shaft spline?
Old 05-24-2017, 12:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

It's just a steel sleeve. Go buy the correct diameter tube, cut, and weld it on. Same with the mounting plate. It's just a triangular plate with 3 holes.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:50 PM

I'm assuming that gearbox price did not include the price of the quaife itself? So about 6500 USD plus the cost of the LSD.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:16 AM

Yeah it was painful on the wallet but it worked out cheaper for me to purchase the LSD and speedo gear separately and send to the builder. So roughly another £820 on top of that, I just hope it was worth it

Think you're right Jon, I should stop messing around and just get something fabed up. I'm just waiting for my engine builder to finish up then I'll be ready to install the engine / gearbox in one.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:20 AM

So almost 8000 USD. That's 1/3 of the way towards a custom built full sequential tranny. lol
Old 06-02-2017, 02:29 PM

Your killing me smalls! Updates!
Old 06-09-2017, 03:06 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

Just Wow...How does the shift pedal feel/.. nevermind, I'll ask again after you get her all boosted up
Old 07-21-2017, 08:27 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

Man it's been a long time! My apologies everyone. I FINALLY (today) converted the car to emissions ready status. I took it for inspection and neglected to realize the front tires were at the wear bars so now I need new rubber lol. I need to get my inspection sticker so I can remove that OE crap and get back to some E85 goodness!! Going to put on Toyo R888R 225/45/16's on my 16x8 Rota grids (+10mm offset). I threw the Volk/Hoosier combo on the front and started laughing again. I think I may need to sell these, it's just too much tire for this size car.

Back to the trans, it's holding up nicely considering I'm running the car with no boost now for emissions (a careful foot to prevent from maxing out the MAF lol).

03tibe85: Was the manifold really that difficult to line up? My biggest concern is how the exhaust ports will mate to the head. Most of the EVO manifolds have major chamfered edges at the inlets of the runners which I'm imagining are larger than the ports coming out of the head by a good margin (sealing issues wouldn't be good!). I think getting a custom flange made would be the way to go.

Funny you mention that Jon, I did call Full Race a couple of years ago about this very subject. They weren't as helpful as I'd hoped. I suppose another try may be worth it as it's been so long they may be able to handle such custom requests now. I appreciate your offer to do some CAD work if needed. That may actually be quite helpful. I could send that to a waterjet company and have it cut from 1/2" stainless. We could maybe do a group buy or something? If I could get a flange made I could weld my own manifold . I'm going to get the car on track somewhere after getting my tires & inspection sticker so I can comfortably drive it around without the fear of getting pulled over (aside from the loudly whining transmission, open gate, squealing brakes & clutch lol). It's morphing more from street car to track car at this point...

Quick Reply: Low Boost On Stock Compression