Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/)
-   -   how do I run an open BOV (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/how-do-i-run-open-bov-24905/)

batman 05-26-2004 04:45 PM

well here is my problem I really want run an open BOV because, my car is the far this thing from a sleeper. now I am going to go with the E-manage. I was wondering if that will help me out with this? please help.

my set up is a KKK k26 turbo (it is like a t3 but it spools a lot quicker), 8.5 to 1 pistons, custom turbo manifold, 35mm wastegate, blitz BOV, 440cc injectors, 255 fuel pump, & an E-manage to control it. im going for 250hp

Thanks

OdessitPashka 05-26-2004 06:35 PM

Things I've learned

Just have a regural BOV. thats how you run it!
but you will run rich when you press clutch!

batman 05-26-2004 10:32 PM

Bye Korea

well that is what i am trying to avoid & plus wouldnt my car idle ruff.

OdessitPashka 05-27-2004 12:01 AM

FS: eBay - my PS2 + goodies!

it wont hurt your idle, but whats the problem with running rich can be resolved by recerculating(sp) your bov.

djalkyd 05-27-2004 02:26 AM

you may get a slight surge at idle but not to bad. your car may stall sometimes when you come to a stop. all you gotta do is just rev it a little prior to stopping to clear fule and you wont stall.

i ran a open BOV the entire time with the s-afc and msd for tuning. i just re-learned my car in a few days and it was fine.

i am not sure if the e-manage is more tunable than the afc, if so then you will be fine.

just as long as you run the BOV after the maf so that way not all of the charge flows back through.

JonGTR 05-27-2004 06:09 AM

Arospeed Adjustable Coilovers

There is a deceleration function in both the SAFC and E-manage to lean out the mixture while venting the bov. I'm not sure how to use it in Emanage so all I can say is read the directions carefully. wink1.gif

TiburonWao 05-27-2004 12:09 PM

I have to program my SAFC II with that deceleration function If I have a MAP tiburon??? Maybe the ECU can make the neccesary arrangement...

or I'm wrong???

01tibby 05-27-2004 12:39 PM

anyone help me out on this pic? found it on a site.

i would think not.

the MAP sensor senses pressure, and combined with the IAT sesor determines how much gas you need. its not like something is passing through it. i could be wrong though.

2001Silvertib 07-10-2004 11:17 PM

*EBAY ALERT!!* RD FULL INTERIOR CARPET, Brand New!

you can run the open bov...that's what i'm doing...if you don't have a programable fuel management unit just blip the throttle a lil bit before coming to a stop and it'll burn up most of the extra fuel already being sent...your car won't idle weird...i ain't got that problem...the bov stays closed at idle... if you get an s-afc you can lean out the fuel a bit on deceleration..that'll fix the problem of running rich for a sec and runnin the chance of your car stallin...that's what i'm gonna do...getting an safc next week.

REDZMAN 07-10-2004 11:19 PM

Dead post alert...