Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Finally will boost my Tib

Old 06-22-2017, 05:52 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Read up on what twin scroll actually is and how it works with a manifold. Then go look at how the stock manifold is built (even the EVO manifold). Then tell us your findings.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

Hmm..well ok then. Give it a try! You'll need to either weld up a way to have the 4 extra injectors be on the manifold or get some sort of spacer plate to have the injectors in. Then you need to provide a fuel line to that extra fuel rail. After that it should work pretty well.

One of the problems of hacking up a stock manifold is getting the right flange welded properly on there. most OEM manifolds have a circular or weird shape outlet so you have to figure out a way to get a flange not that shape welded on so its level and doesn't leak or crack. If you go with a used EVO turbo that makes it even harder because the turbine inlet is way different than everything else out there.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:06 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 97' Hyundai Coupe

03tibe85 You are absolutely right! It's pain in the ass to make 4 extra injectors not leak and work properly. I had this issue when I decided to use 320cc injectors from GSXR 1000.

As a friend said we are lucky enough that we can use the Evo manifold. Found manifold , but it's hard to find turbo...

If I use 3 bar map sensor from vw tdi will it work ? I think it will do the job just fine.
Old 06-23-2017, 05:50 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

already cheaping out on sh*t.

good luck.
Old 06-24-2017, 02:39 AM
Banned

Bought the manifold and will be here monday. Found turbo from Evo 8 with 10.5 hotside and will get it next week. Have to buy new IM and I might buy another fuel rail so I can start working on it.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Coupe

2 03tibe85; You can’t do anything to ignition with SMT on GK. It is really just the question how much boost are you planning to push.

I have few GK’s and one Tucson that are driving DD for 10 years and over 150.000km on 0,5-0,7 bar boost and with 5’th injector setup with SMT and stock ignition.

I really understand you guys and why you don’t like this kind of setup but you really don’t understand how hard is to get parts here so I really admire blitz and his attempt to go turbo route because I know that he must do everything custom!

2 blitz; like I told before… on stock engine you can go safe up to 0,7 bar of boost. For that 5’th injector will do the work just fine and don’t bother with dual rail and 4 injectors.

I don’t say that 4 injectors won’t do better job, just saying that they don’t worth time you will spent in fabricating dual rail…

On 0,7bar you will see around 230HP
Old 06-26-2017, 08:32 AM
Banned

Thank you brother

The manifold is here and in perfect condition. Bought new coil pack today and will grab 2 beers so I can install it quicker

Cheers madafakers !!!
Old 06-26-2017, 09:09 AM

Like I said, in a low boost setup it should be fine, but I wouldn't personally go above 0.5-0.7 bar for safety and make sure you using a BIG 5th injector with an awesome atomization pattern. To get even close to decent fuel distribution you need to really get that fuel mixed with the air. Also you really need to set up where the fuel sprays into the throttle body correctly otherwise you'll run lean.

FYI the EVO 8 wastegate is preset to 18psi so you will need to find a much lower wastegate to be able to run safely.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:51 AM
Banned

I thought it is 10-12 psi ?! Will see if I have to I will get the right wastegate

I will do the 4 extra injectors setup. I want each cylinder to get the right amount of fuel and if I decide to increase the boost I will be good to go.

Will run the stock once as main rail and use 320cc from GSXR ( 4 holes not 2 like stock ) for the second rail. I believe they will atomise the fuel better. I have to buy another stock rail with fuel regulator.

A lot of stuff to do , but I'm more than happy to work on the car
Old 06-27-2017, 07:49 AM

Its possible to run the stock EVO 8 18psi on a stock block but I wouldn't do it unless you run E85 and your tune is perfect. Otherwise stay below 15psi and watch your AFRs like a hawk. I would put the wideband O2 sensor before the turbo to make sure you have accurate readings. Its fine to put the OEM O2 sensor after the turbo. I also suggest a new higher capacity fuel pump and a rising rate pressure regulator to make sure you have adequate flow to all 8 injectors under boost.