Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Finally will boost my Tib

Old 08-02-2017, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

It really sounds like a duff TPS to me. Give it a good twist, pull, and strike lightly with a screwdriver handle or similar. If you can monitor the output that would be great.

It could also be a funny thing in the computer. Maybe it is looking at the signal the wrong way or giving a funny output in that part of the RPM range?
Old 08-03-2017, 01:34 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97' Hyundai Coupe

I really hope the TPS is the reason for all of this sh*t. I can monitor the input and I can even tune it. Don't need this option at the moment, cause the car is very close to stock.

The TPS is looking good and the other thing is that I tried with another TPS ( the one from Suzuki GSXR )

Will see how it runs without TPS and I might buy a new one
Old 08-03-2017, 07:56 AM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

Things that change when outside temps get hot:

1) MAP readings due to less dense air

2) Intake Air Temp due to higher air temps

3) Coolant Temp - Car warms up faster, duh

4) TPS readings can fluctuate due to hotter engine bay temps. Most OEM ECUs account for this though

5) Fuel pressure can vary due to increased vapor pressure in the tank. Is your vapor purge valve working right?
Old 08-03-2017, 10:21 AM
Banned

5. If the valve is not working right I should have problem filling my tank, right ?

The main question I have is why dafuq when I give it more gas it restarts ?! I feel like this is the key to solve the f*ckin issue !

I will go for a drive later tonight when there is less traffic. Disconnect the TPS and see what's up :angry:
Old 08-03-2017, 11:08 AM

With the TPS sensor disconnected it will probably go into limp mode and limit revs to 3k rpm. It would be interesting to see an OBD log from your stock ECU during the time it happens. Could log TPS, RPM, Short Term fuel trims, MAP volts, and O2 volts. That should be enough to figure it out.

Will it do it in Neutral? Or only if the car is moving under load? And it never does it with cooler temps?
Old 08-03-2017, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 1997 Beta Swapped Accent

If it's like the US base computers it will go into limp mode but it will not limit your RPMs to 3000
Old 08-03-2017, 03:46 PM
Banned

03tibe85 it will not do it in neutral. Only when the car is moving under load. In cooler temps it may happen , but very rare and the bog is not that bad.

Wasn't able to drive it without TPS , cause of the traffic. Wasn't sure what will happen and I don't want to do stupid sh*t when there are a lot of cars around me. This weekend will go to a quiet road outside of the city and will test it there.

I can do a log , but from old logs with wideband installed, the only thing you can see is that the mixture goes to 18-19 afr for a split second and than everything is back to normal. Without wideband you will watch the log and you'll not see anything srange. I have to know the exact moment when the bog is happening so I can point it out in the log.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Coupe

Did you unwire SMT8?

One friend had SMT8 and similar problems and problem was in SMT8… try to unwire it
Old 08-04-2017, 06:23 AM

If you have a dyno around you and its not too expensive it might be worth it to rent it for an hour to try to reproduce the problem in a safe environment.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:43 AM
Banned

I did not remove the SMT8, cause I had this problem before that. With the time the problem is getting worse.

Tomorrow will test it on a prive road. I went to the dyno 2 months ago or something like that. The issue with bogging was there and I'm sure it was the cause of making only ~150whp.

By the way the Tib without ITBs is slow as f*ck !!! Good news is that the fuel consumption is WAY BETTER :biggrin: I can't believe it... even though the car was tuned she had drinking problem.