Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Finally will boost my Tib

Old 06-16-2017, 05:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97' Hyundai Coupe
Default Finally will boost my Tib

So finally I'm 100% confident to boost my Tib ! The car went through a lot ... basic n/a mods, wet nitrous, ITBs and as most of you told me I'm not happy with the results

This time I will not do stupid sh*t. For a start I read a lot of boosted topics. I want something around 300-350bhp for the moment, but I will get there step by step. Don't want to rush anything and take my time do it right the first time.

Wanted to buy TD05 turbo from Mitsu Evo , but found some that are not in good condition. Found Holset twin scroll in very good condition , but I think its very big for me. 64mm (2.52 inch cold side and 80mm (3.15 inch ) hot side. I think this one is good for 500+ hp and will be very laggy for me. The bad news for me are that the price is perfect and the condtion also. https://www.olx.bg/ad/turbo-holset-holset-ID6Choz.html

A friend of mine is selling chinese turbos and is in the 11s with one of them for 2-3 years now. These are the once : https://www.olx.bg/ad/prodavam-novi-...i-ID6G9gP.html

Heard some of you are using stock exhaust manifold. I have the stock one and also the one from 1.8 elantra. I might use the one from elantra.

Injectors - 440cc might not be enough for 350... any suggestions ?!

Map sensor?

I have SMT-8 already installed in the car and I will use it to tune my setup.

Brand new XG brakes with 17s Toyo R888 tires.

Exhaust is stainless 2.5inch custom made.

Clutch - I had ceramic 6 puck , but got rid of it when my flywheel got f*cked up. A friend of mine who is working on 500+ whp cars told me that he can make very strong pressure plate from a stock pressure plate and from the ceramic one. Basically he will make one from both of them. What do you think bout that ?

For now I don't want to open the motor and as I read here it is the best solution for my case . -

"I've been boosting for 6 years and have used a decompression plate, 1.8 rods and pistons, 2.0 rods and pistons, and now forged internals. I've been around the block a few times and suggest that you leave the block the way it is, get a good tuner and boost away. If you decide in the future or mid build that this is no longer the route for you then at least you aren't switching internals again.

This post has been edited by slow 2K2GT: 27 August 2013 - 03:44 PM"

I will start to buy the parts one by one when I sure about the setup. Don't want to buy and sell parts.

Thank you in advance
Old 06-17-2017, 06:30 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

listen here f*ck face and listen well.

you only want to do this once so pay attention.

READ MY GODDAM GROCERY LIST

https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/f...-grocery-list/

It's a bit dated but none the less the components are still there.

1. READ AND LEARN AS MUCH AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN BEFORE YOU BUY A SINGLE COMPONENT. ASK QUESTIONS. RESEARCH. THE MORE YOU LEARN NOW THE LESS LIKELY YOU WILL BLOW SOMETHING UP OR DO SOMETHING OVER AND OVER AGAIN. START SAVING, BUY ALLLLLLLL THE TURBO COMPONENTS BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK OF INSTALLING ANYTHING.

2. Figure out what kind of racing and driving you want to do and build for that. trying to build an autocrossing drift drag racer will keep you from ever finishing the project. if i could go back i wish this was where i paid attention to the most. i tried to do too many things at once and it ended up sitting because of it. now i regret even spending the money. if i could go back i would buy the supporting mods first before i even started the turbo build. stuff like clutch, coilovers, sticky tires, maybe even a LSD. i bet i wouldve been happy with those mods and the nitrous. recognize you will be spending a ton of money on this.

HEED THIS ADVICE, there are better platforms out there to put money into. if you absolutely adore and love this vehicle, then by all means. However, realize it's a Hyundai which means if you arent happy, you will struggle to sell it. realize you will be fighting for traction because it's FWD. There are lighter, nimbler, better handling vehicles out there. some of which can be purchased for about the same amount of money you will put into this turbo kit. It's your money, do what makes you happy, but one day you might end up wishing you had better spent it on something else. realize this, every single one of the OMG SUPER HIGH HP TURBO folks either sold the car or ended up buying something else and have pushed the hyundai to the side. I had a SHO. JonGTR built a high hp nissan z. jaws, viper, madjohn, yamaha, socks and several others have sold/parted the car and moved on. there's a reason for this.

3. after reading steps 1 and 2, make a goal of 250whp and leave it there. dont f*ck it up and try to get 500hp right out the gate. dont push it any further than 250hp. that's a nice number for a stock motor. READ THIS, 250WHP. If you try and push it you run the risk of blowing up your motor and then youll have a very nice paperweight. get it to 250 and if you decide you need more, then you already have most of the sh*t there. do things in steps. 250whp is plenty for a fwd car. get to 250 and if that isnt enough power, get a LSD before you decide to up the boost.

4. luckily most of your sh*t is still useable. exhaust is fine, injectors are fine, hell even the ITBs are fine if they work(not sure if you boxed em in or not) dont piecemeal a clutch. dont cheap out on sh*t now or youll do it again. BUY THE ACT ORGANIC CLUTCH. IT WILL HOLD SOMETHING LIKE 350FT/LBS OF TORQUE.

5. no point in using a stock manifold and cutting it up to make the turbo work. Buy a turbo manifold. IIRC treadstone still makes a halfway decent one. GET SOMETHING WITH A T3 FLANGE. There are TONS of turbos out there with a t3 flange. if you end up wanting to upgrade at least you wont have to buy another manifold. if you know how to weld or know someone who knows how to weld, build your own. schedule 40 stainless isnt that expensive. all in im about $250 on a custom log manifold and i paid someone $100 to weld it.

6. want massive raw power? youll want a larger turbo. dont worry about lag. lag is traction. want a streetable car that spools pretty quickly? get a disco potato. dont know what a disco potato is? see item 1. Buy new or rebuild before you install on the car. turbo failures are expensive.

7. you had troubles tuning with NA, realize tuning turbos are 10x more complicated. trying to push it too hard too fast and youll melt stuff. see item 3.

good luck.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:27 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

^^ lol^^ Faith keeping it real !!
Old 06-18-2017, 09:48 AM
Banned

Hey Faithy Gaythy I read you grocery list ... it's a sticky you stupid f*ck

Now joking aside! Thank you for your time and all the advices !!! As I said before you are that person that you want to punch in the face, but at the same time you are thankful , cause this same f*cker is the only one that is willing to help in a difficult times

1. Agree 100% and I did that. More quetions coming.

2. I want to drive it almost everyday and probably some track days. Other than that maybe some rolling starts with friends. I did your XG brakes upgrade and I'm happy how the car stops. Bought Toyos R888 215/45/17.

3.I got you ! At the moment 250whp is good and as you said I can aim for 300+ after that. First lets get 250whp, get used to it and everything working nice after that I can think of big power.

4.I can say that I'm proud with myself, cause these ITBs are perfectly streetable and running good. When I found out that I won't be able to hit 200bhp without cams, head work and so on and diceded to sell the ITBs. Atleast I can help myself with the money from them to buy some turbo parts. I don't have 440cc injectors, was just asking if they will be fine for up to 350 Bhp. I have the stock once and 6 out 8 Suzuki GSXR injectors are running good. They are 320cc. I'm running four of the at the moment.

5. For the moment I still want to use the manifold from 1.8 Elantra. There is topic about using stock manifolds and one member ( forgot his name ) is using his stock one and said that he is happy with it after cracking 2-3 stainless turbo manifolds. I have a friend who can weld I he did my exhaust. I'm really happy with his work, but the price of custom manifold is almost double of that exhaust ?! We will see... I'm not 100% sure what to do.

That's the one that I want to use :

6. So the most important point. You said to aim for 250whp so we are not gunning for "massive raw power" I agree that lag is traction, but I don't want some really laggy sh*t. I know what disqo tomatoo is

I want you to tell me what do you think about that turbo ?

This in cm and the turbo is roughly 20cm ( 7.9 inches ) The turbo is in great condition and I'm still thinking of rebuilding it. The problem is that I'm not sure I will be able to fit it !!! Also will it be too big for our 2.0 engines ? When will I hit boost... 4000rpm? 5000rpm ?

7. I'm learning very fast and I can tell you that to tune ITBs is as hard as tuning boosted car! I have a guy who can help me if I can't do it myself.

Thank you again!

p.s. Do you have facebook or you are too ugly to show your gay face ?
Old 06-18-2017, 06:50 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

1. Agree 100% and I did that. More quetions coming.

your country sucks

2. I want to drive it almost everyday and probably some track days. Other than that maybe some rolling starts with friends. I did your XG brakes upgrade and I'm happy how the car stops. Bought Toyos R888 215/45/17.

great tires. i love em.

3.I got you ! At the moment 250whp is good and as you said I can aim for 300+ after that. First lets get 250whp, get used to it and everything working nice after that I can think of big power.

dont be your usual jackass self

4.I can say that I'm proud with myself, cause these ITBs are perfectly streetable and running good. When I found out that I won't be able to hit 200bhp without cams, head work and so on and diceded to sell the ITBs. Atleast I can help myself with the money from them to buy some turbo parts. I don't have 440cc injectors, was just asking if they will be fine for up to 350 Bhp. I have the stock once and 6 out 8 Suzuki GSXR injectors are running good. They are 320cc. I'm running four of the at the moment.

youll run out of injector before you even get 200hp with those 320ccs. pick up somethin around 440 (which will max out around 280whp) or if you want some minor futureproofing pick up some 550s. HIGH IMPEDANCE

5. For the moment I still want to use the manifold from 1.8 Elantra. There is topic about using stock manifolds and one member ( forgot his name ) is using his stock one and said that he is happy with it after cracking 2-3 stainless turbo manifolds. I have a friend who can weld I he did my exhaust. I'm really happy with his work, but the price of custom manifold is almost double of that exhaust ?! We will see... I'm not 100% sure what to do.

build your own like i did. i just had someone weld it all up for me. some bracing and you should be good to go.

6. So the most important point. You said to aim for 250whp so we are not gunning for "massive raw power" I agree that lag is traction, but I don't want some really laggy sh*t. I know what disqo tomatoo is

I want you to tell me what do you think about that turbo ?

too big. that appears to be a h1c holset. that's even bigger than my holset and i dont even start to build boost until around 3200rpm. plus if it is a h1c that sh*t is 20 years old. not worth the rebuild.

7. I'm learning very fast and I can tell you that to tune ITBs is as hard as tuning boosted car! I have a guy who can help me if I can't do it myself.

you dont learn for sh*t or you wouldve listened to me in the first place.

p.s. Do you have facebook or you are too ugly to show your gay face ?

i dont have facebook. i dont want your mom to know that i aint loyal.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:55 AM
Banned

So I'll pass on that turbo... see I listen to you GayLord

Will talk to a guy today about Evo 8,9 manilofd and turbo. Hope I can get something good.

Found 440cc injectors , but I want 550cc.

Your idea about the manifold is good I might try that sh*t

My car is map based, but I have to buy 2-3bar map sensor.

Found intercooler at home... it's 35x30cm ( 13.8 x 11.8 inches ) Is it ok or shuold I buy bigger one?

I wanted to send you some private pics of my last vacation with your mom
Old 06-19-2017, 08:16 AM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

1) A used EVO 8/9 Manifold and Turbo is a good start. TibbyTib runs this and his car is FAAAAST. Just be prepared to do A LOT of modifications to get the manifold to bolt up to the Beta head.

2) The SMT8 isn't going to be enough to get the job done. You'll have to subtract a ton of MAP voltage to run 550cc injectors which will cause the stock ECU to freak out and trigger limp mode. Also the SMT8 can only control one aux injector which would be a bad idea. Get something like the AEM F/IC or go full standalone like a Haltech Elite 750 or 1000.

3) Listen to people who have been there done that. Cheap, Fast, Reliable, pick 2!! It sounds like your going for Cheap and Fast which means it WILL NOT BE RELIABLE!!
Old 06-19-2017, 09:30 AM
Banned

1. I am prepared, cause I saw some guys build topic. I'm 95% sure I will go that Evo 8 setup.

2. Talking to the Perfect power guys as we speak See what they will say.

3.Thats why I'm here and as I said I'm not going to f*ck it up. This thing cheap, fast, reliable is f*cking EVERYWHERE !!! Please tell me what of the things that I bought are cheap ? SMT8 brand new wasn't cheap at all. Brand new 215/45/17 R888 not even close ! Rims also not cheap. F2 Evo front bumper and spoiler. Brand new rotors, pads, wheel bearings and sh*t + XG dual pistons. New clutch, front splitter... custom exhaust... not to mention all the things involved to run these ITB properly. Most of the parts bought this spring.

Don't want to argue with you or somebody else. First of all I'm thankful that you even find time to help me and I know that to make this setup work I have to listen to people that have done that.

I don't want to be cheap, but if I can save money from some parts will be nice. The car is not my life if you know what I mean.

I've done stupid things to my car ... I know that... I know that a lot of people told me not to buy Apexi Neo and I still bought it ! Told me to boost my car and not to waste my time and money with ITBs ... we know what I did ! No more stupid sh*t !!!

Thanks to the forum I know what to do and if I have more question I hope you can help
Old 06-19-2017, 11:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Accent

I have a Holset H1C on my beta with a 12cm exhaust housing and I'm in full boost by 4k. It also comes on strong.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:21 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Originally Posted by 03tibe85
1) A used EVO 8/9 Manifold and Turbo is a good start. TibbyTib runs this and his car is FAAAAST.

Thanks Dave! That means a lot coming from you man!

I have a haltech E8 with plug and play connector to connect to the stock harness that needs a new home. Probably have my old base map floating around somewhere as well to at least get you started. Let me know if you're interested.