Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/)
-   -   eclipse stock turbo (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/eclipse-stock-turbo-1486/)

JAWS 021 11-29-2001 06:05 PM

eclipse stock turbo

just wondering if anyone has finished installing this on their tibby,... im planning to fit one by this coming summer and i was just curious to see if anyone here has completed this. Ive read about people preparing for the setup, but no one has actually posted results.
just curious on what kind of piggy back ECU did you use???
i will most likely go with the RRFRR.
I understand from previous post that this turbo puts you at about 200hp,... which is perfect for me.
ill keep you guys posted with my turbo install in the months to come.

Random 11-30-2001 08:29 AM

uh... you CAN NOT bolt an eclipse turbo manifold onto a Beta motor. The bolt patterns do not match, and the exhaust manifolds do not match.

You can use the Eclipse turbo itself, but then again, you can use the turbo from a dodge ram V10 too if you want! (man...talk about slow spool up with a turbo that big!)

That is why no one has posted numbers or photos. It can't be done.

JAWS 021 11-30-2001 11:50 AM

oh, i was planning to use the turbo manifold that chuek is selling. It fits the t25, and two other turbos that im paying little attention to since i dont want to be tempted.
ive read about a couple of people buying them from him already, just wondering how things were going.

[ December 02, 2001: Message edited by: JAWS 021 ]

Random 12-01-2001 05:35 AM

Okay, so you are going to use the Turbo Manifold from Champion in Korea, that makes sense. My apolgoies for jumpin on ya there!

I know others have purchased the Manifold, but I do not know that anyone has their turbo kit up and running yet.

JAWS 021 12-01-2001 07:54 AM

Hey Random, do you think the dyno place that you went to with subculture can tune an RRFRR???
I dont know if i should go the Safc way, and find another timing piggy back later on.

Random 12-01-2001 11:10 AM

Uh...what is "IA" (Intake Anonymous)?

Sure they can tune the S-AFC and the RRFPR with no problems.

Red 12-01-2001 02:00 PM

Hold on before you buy that manifold...

The Champion manifold is built for a T3 exhaust housing, and there are ZERO stock Eclipse/Talon turbos that were a T3 style. There was a T25 and a 14B, but no T3's.

-Red-

toneboogiey2k 12-01-2001 02:44 PM

yep red is right no T3 eclipse turbo, but just get a T3 off of ebay or something. i think the T3 is better than T25 anyways...IMO

Red 12-01-2001 06:42 PM

Yup, nothing wrong with a T3 turbo... Also nothing wrong with using a T3/04 hybrid. I've got a kewl hybrid on the way for the project, the flow maps suggest it's going to be good for daily-driving at 18psi, and even better with race gas and 30+psi. We're talking a 450+ WHP turbo here :D

Not quite sure if all the crap I'm planning will STILL be enough for what the turbo could potentially do hehe smile.gif

-Red-

JAWS 021 12-01-2001 06:46 PM

ok ok ok,... 450 is a little too much for me,... i was going on chuek's ghetto turbo install. i want to be somewhere around the 200 mark. im going to look for the post, as i recall it did fit the T3, and t25 (which i thought was the eclipse turbo).

[ December 02, 2001: Message edited by: JAWS 021 ]