Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

The build of the Race Egg

Old 11-18-2017, 08:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 1997 Beta Swapped Accent

I think it also depends on the ECU you are using. Some like Microtech don't have a lot of resolution to adjust.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Accent

I'm using the MS3x and I believe the fuel maps are 16x16.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 1997 Beta Swapped Accent

Not that way, for example Haltech you can adjust 0.01 mS at the time. Microtech you can go something like 0.07 mS at the time.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:28 PM

This should be the last post about fuel system components.. I hope.

I'm using 2g DSM 6an fuel rail fittings which fit in our fuel rail without any issues. The fittings bolt right up on the driver side of the rail with no issues, the passenger side required me to widen the bolt holes on the fitting itself.

Bosch 1000cc EV6 style injectors. Had them cleaned and flow tested a few months back and they are actually flowing 1100cc.. So that's a plus.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:22 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Originally Posted by Juanra
I think it also depends on the ECU you are using. Some like Microtech don't have a lot of resolution to adjust.

The Elite has 32x32, so plenty of resolution . The problem lies in the injectors non-linear portion in it's lowest pulse width range. This is the range used for idle and throttle dip in. Drilled injectors actually dip in their flow for a split second and this is known as their unusable range in the injectors pulse width. It's unreliable because the flow in not linear. It's a very small area. Depending on your fueling needs, you may never hit this area in the pulse width of the injectors. I happened to when tuning on 91 while setting up the flex fuel. Car bucked and chugged in this part of the map due to this phenomenon. The ID1000s solved this because their injectors, while still suffering from this non-linear effect of low pulse width, is much MORE linear and makes this unusable range that was so unpredictable before, much more predictable and gives the tuner an opportunity to be able to tune in this range.

This problem never showed it's ugly face until I decided to use a flex fuel sensor and be able to run on 91. Since E85 requires so much more fuel, it got me out of that range. When we went to 91, it requires a lot less fuel and put me right in the middle of that unusable range during idle and throttle dip in. The Injectors Dynamics resolved this problem.

Here is a crude drawing I found that should help explain the non linear characteristics of a typical modified injector.
Attached Images
File Type: png
Old 11-20-2017, 08:24 PM

I understand where you're coming from with the injector standpoint of things and appreciated the breakdown. As for my fueling, I'll be predominantly using e85 and will only run 93 as a backup scenario.

I'll see how these Bosch's go and if I run into the above issues, I'll get a set of ID injectors. I'd like to hit 500hp at some point in time, so I'll probably max out the 1000cc injectors before then with e85.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:40 PM

Removed the stock slave cylinder hard line and replaced it with 3an stainless steel braided line. All of these parts were on my RD so figured I might as well re-use them.

Disregard the clutch master cylinder as it's out of my RD. Stainless steel 3an line along with 3an to 10x1mm flared fittings.

Beta II slave cylinder with the internal spring removed

3an to 10x1mm fitting installed into the clutch master cylinder

Line, fittings and slave cylinder hooked up

Old 11-21-2017, 08:40 PM

While doing this swap, I wanted to re-use as much of the stock harness as possible for the sensors to avoid having to hack everything up. In doing so, I've had to swap out some sensors along with modding some to fit properly.

• Swapped out Beta I crank sensor for Alpha II sensor
  • Swapped out Beta I knock sensor for Alpha II sensor
  • Swapped out Beta I TPS for Beta II TPS
  • Swapped out Beta II speedo sensor for Alpha II sensor

This is a stock Alpha II crank sensor. As you can see, there is a lip towards the base of the sensor itself whereas the Beta I sensor doesn't have this. This causes issues and wouldn't let the sensor sit flush in the block.

Ended up using a Dremel to remove this lip so that the sensor would sit flush in the block.

Modded Alpha II and Beta I crank sensors next to each other to show that they are the same height.

I'm running a Beta II trans in this setup so I went ahead and pulled the stock Alpha II speedo sensor and placed it in the Beta II trans.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:23 PM

Here are some of the bolt on goodies that I am using for my setup. As you can see, the engine is in the car in these pics. I'll more than likely make the next post about the bracket setup that I ended up using.

Beta I Air Ram intake manifold with Beta II RSide 65mm throttle body. Ended up having to rotate the throttle body 180° as the pulley wouldn't clear the firewall.

Maintec turbo manifold with 38mm wastegate flange

Big Holset H1C with 12cm housing

Old 11-29-2017, 07:50 PM

In order to get the beta swap to sit in the bay, I had to get creative and custom design the front roll stop bracket along with the transmission bracket. For the passenger side bracket, I ended up using the stock bracket from an XD Elantra. The rear roll stop bracket I just re-used the stock MC Accent bracket as it lined right up.

Filled the front and rear engine mounts with 80a liquid polyurethane

Front bracket welded together and mounting holes drilled

Transmission bracket welded together and mounting holes drilled

Stock rear MC Accent bracket bolted up to the Beta II transmission

Stock XD Elantra passenger side bracket

Engine and transmission finally bolted in place

Quick Reply: The build of the Race Egg