Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

The build of the Race Egg

Old 04-30-2018, 08:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Accent

I really should update this thread more often... But I have made some progress on the build and now I'm to the point where I'm just waiting on the MS3x wiring to be finished. After that's done the car should be ready to fire up.

I did have a little bit of a hiccup with the front brake hoses that I didn't notice until I was adjusting the front suspension. Ended up having to replace the front hoses with XD Elantra hoses.

These are the stock MC Accent brake hoses. I had to technically flip them around in order to clear the XG calipers. This made them too short and I couldn't route them properly.

Replaced them with XD Elantra brake hoses which gave me enough clearance to make things look tidy. I flipped the hoses in regards to the sides that they are being used on. So the driver side hose on the passenger side and vice versa. This allowed me to position the mounting tab in an upwards direction.

This has been my first set of legit coilovers on a car so that came with a decent learning curve. After toying around with it for a few days and adjusting it a million times, I finally was able to get the car on the ground.

There's about a 7/8" clearance from the top of the tires to the top of the wheel arch. I felt this was a decent height and can always go lower if need be.

This is probably one of my favorite pics of the car as of right now... Mmmmmmmm

Old 04-30-2018, 11:28 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Looking awesome man! Looking forward to your updates of how she runs and drives!!

Congrats on all your hard work!
Old 05-01-2018, 08:19 PM

Come to find out that the stock power wires are just an inch or two too short to properly reach the battery terminals. The logical thing would be to replace the wiring with longer wiring but I wasn't about that life. So I went ahead and bought an XS Power D680 AGM style battery.

OEM style battery weighed in at 33.6lbs

XS Power weighed in at 15.4lbs. So close to 20lbs in weight reduction which isn't shabby

New battery installed and ready to go

(Yes, I know... the terminals aren't tightened)

Old 08-17-2018, 11:09 PM

It's been around 3 months since my last post but I've been quietly working on the Race Egg this whole time. So let's get to it.

I realized that I no longer have a fuel filter since I ran new feed line from the pump. So I went ahead and installed a Russel 6an 100 micron filter just to be on the safe side

Picked up some 150psi one-way check valves to prevent boost from passing through the stock PCV valve. This will also let the PCV valve do its job when under vacuum

Since I'm running an Air Ram with this swap there is only a few inches between it and the firewall so needed to come up with a solution on low profile vac fittings. My best option was to use 1/8npt to 3/8 barb 90° elbows. These two fittings go to the vacuum manifold and PCV valve

Probably the most important part I've been working on is getting the MS3x wired up in conjunction with the stock ecu. My friend has done most of this work as I highly dislike wiring but it's finally done. We ended up making it a PNP setup that uses a milspec connector to pass through the firewall

But the good news is that I was able to test fire the car yesterday! Before long I should be able to bring it out of it's 1.5 year hibernation!

Last edited by SpoolinShark; 08-17-2018 at 11:15 PM.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:10 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Good update! Nice to see you're still on track.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Test fire - so it ran? Super good news.

Is there anything securing the new fuel filter in place? in the picture it looks like it's just flopping loose in there.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Awesome!!!
Old 11-27-2022, 09:03 PM

I realize that I haven't updated this thread in about 4 years but the stock engine decided to eat a rod bearing back in 2019. Here are some quick pics of what happened.

I have been busy building a new engine and changing up a lot of other things and will post up other pics soon!

Last edited by SpoolinShark; 11-27-2022 at 09:22 PM.