Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/)
-   -   Boosting a 2 litre 2017 elantra (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/boosting-2-litre-2017-elantra-83799/)

TorontoTuners 04-29-2018 09:04 AM

Boosting a 2 litre 2017 elantra

Hey I was thinking of turboing the 2017 elantra LE model but I was wondering if anyone has done it yet and how good it is, or reliable, what are some things I need, or how much boost the engine can handle if all done right!?

WytchDctr 04-29-2018 10:39 PM

I hate to say this.. but you probably should have waited another year and grabbed the 1.6t .. stock turbo. The 2.0 in your gen is going to be a pain in the ass to tune right with all the variable crap on the engine. A very low boost setup won't be too hard and I have heard of "kits" for it. No idea on what the bottom end of our engines will hold. Currently driving a 2014 2.0.

cadbury 04-30-2018 12:39 PM

You'll probably have to do what anyone else with a newerish car does when they want to turbo it. Find someone who can tune it properly. That'll be your major task. Getting all the parts will be easy. There might not be an FMIC kit available do you'll have to fabricate your own piping to fit. There probably wont be any manifolds either so that's another piece you'll have to get made.

If you have an auto, it might not handle boost too well without nuking. If it's a 5 speed, you'll need a clutch and flywheel as well.

- Turbo

- Fuel Injectors

- Fuel Pump

- Wideband

- Blow Off Valve

- Wastegate

- Intercooler

- Piping

- Manifold

- Boost controller

- Turbo Timer

- Assorted gauges like PSI, A/F, Oil Pressure, etc

- Tuning

I doubt there's anyone out there who can or has tuned the new Elantras so you will probably have to do a stand alone like a Haltech.

TorontoTuners 05-01-2018 10:55 PM

Damnnnnnn I never really took all that in when I was thinking about it.. but thank you so much guys for the info, I wouldn’t be able to afford all that lol! Thank you!

Visionz 05-02-2018 06:15 AM

Everyone always thinks adding forced induction is an easy task to their N/A cars and it's not. Sure, there might be cheap ebay kits out there that has everything you need but those parts are 9 out of 10 times, inferior and junk. Piecing everything together piece by piece takes a little time (and money) but it's the right way to do things. You're adding a significant amount of power to a cars engine that didnt come that way from the factory. So you dont want to half ass things and end up with a destroyed engine and/or transmission. Especially a brand new car like yours, where you have a nice factory warranty to handle any problems you have with it. My recommendation...do the usual mods and keep it N/A like an exhaust, intake, header (if they make one yet for your car) until your warranty expires. Then go balls to the wall with a nice clean working turbo set up, but take your time with it and do everything proper.