Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

AEM's new Fail Safe Gauge

Old 12-26-2012, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tib
Default AEM's new Fail Safe Gauge

Just got done reading an article on AEM's new fail safe gauge that could be a life saver for some of us turbo owners. Good information to read up on.

http://www.enginebasics.com/EFI%20Tu...e%20Gauge.html
Old 12-26-2012, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon i4

Had a read and dont really see the benefit of it unless you are one of those guys who dumps a tonne of money into a build and still drives around with the stereo cranked. If you have a solid build with money invested you will listen to your motor and know what it sounds like at given times and how it should act. Ok I can see it for guys who only run a piggyback system and dont have complete control over their electronics with a standalone, in that case it would be a good investment but at the same time would you ever completely leave the safety of your motor to just ONE special gauge???

I am constantly monitoring my EGT gauge and often do cruises with det cans on my head to listen for knock at given speed and load variations, the boost and wideband gauge are right beside each other so both can be quickly observed with burning extra fuel.

Suppose I dont see it because it doesnt really have a place in my situation.