Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/)
-   -   6 speed for the 2.0? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/6-speed-2-0-a-25961/)

veiltib01 01-23-2005 10:03 PM

6 speed for the 2.0?

does any one know if the six speed will fit on the 2.0 or could be made too? i just want better top end or a freeway gear. if i could do a gear swap i woul for a better final drive but i dont know where to get it if any one has any info let me know thanks.

Sparticus 01-23-2005 10:06 PM

repost.gif
click that emoticon

this was covered before... in conclusion: it won't fit

purpletib 01-23-2005 10:07 PM

This was disscused shortly before. In Korea they had a six speed option on the beta. Hopefully K-spec will eventually offer this. If I do a tranny swap I want to go six speed myself to make the swap worth while.

hamhead 01-23-2005 10:21 PM

Real-Engineering.com sells final drive gears. I think one of them is slightly longer... it probably won't be too much of a difference however. You can calculate your engine speed with the ratios over there. You won't get better service with Rick, I highly recommend him as a seller for expensive parts like final drive ratios, built bottom-ends, etc.

REDZMAN 01-23-2005 10:32 PM

The 6 or 8 grand it would cost to get a Beta 2 6 speed over here from Korea would NOT be worth it.

Mad-Machine 01-23-2005 10:40 PM

I was waiting for REDZ to chime in here... in all reality, if you really MUST have the six speeder.. Wait until Hyundai releases the beta powered GK with it's own six speed. Then you have two choices.. buy all the parts (ouch!) from hyundai.. or wait until a couple of get wrecked and buy the carcass off of eBay... the later is probably better. Cheaper and you get ALL the parts needed to do the swap.

purpletib 01-23-2005 10:43 PM

hmmm... good idea mad-machine. I may just wait for that.

iQfOreVa 01-23-2005 10:47 PM

its not 6 or 8 grand.

i was going to do this last year around june. my uncle sent me a transmission that i thought was the 6-speed but he fudged it up. when i called him and asked, he told me that the transmission wasn't avaiilable for sale at that time. now it is. it costs around $1500 brand new. you could buy a round trip airfare to korea for a little over $1000

the only thing you would have to worry about is the bolt up. you want to get a blueprint of where the tranny sits in the car and then go with it.

the mechanic i talked to in korea told me that it could be done, no problem. he was actually working on doing that with a customer's car. i'll give him a call and see what he says.

i figure total, it would cost you a little over $3 grand to do the 6-speed swap

hamhead 01-23-2005 11:04 PM

Ain't gonna work. They use different ECUs then we do... you'd have to swap to MAP, new wiring, etc. to use that ECU. the U.S ECU isn't going to work. If you live anywhere else in the world, its a different story.

REDZMAN 01-23-2005 11:05 PM

Your crazy doode.

1500 for parts, 1000 for the flight over there to buy them, then shipping it back over. Not like a tranny is LIGHT you know?

Last time we checked, the tranny it'self is like 2300, with everything you'd need to do it. Box it up, ship it, pay for s/h and import fees.

Hell no.

Considering that S/H for a bodykit from Korea to the US is like 400 or more.