Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Transmission, Clutches, Shifters (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/transmission-clutches-shifters-30/)
-   -   tob keeps going bad!!!!!!!!!!! wth?? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/transmission-clutches-shifters-30/tob-keeps-going-bad-wth-66955/)

97dsscobra 02-13-2012 02:47 PM

tob keeps going bad!!!!!!!!!!! wth??

okay so its a 99 accent with a 1.8 beta motor, elantra trans, ebay clutch kit with a junkyard 2.0 flywheel.

when i release the clutch pedal it makes a noise nd its hard to go into any of the gears.

this happened too when i had the accent 1.5 trans too nd it would break the preassure plates in half

any help would be apriciated and helpfull.

Stocker 02-13-2012 08:46 PM

It can't be all lined up/aligned properly. Nothing binds? Everything that's supposed to be mated flat&flush together is tight?

97dsscobra 02-13-2012 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 650835)
It can't be all lined up/aligned properly. Nothing binds? Everything that's supposed to be mated flat&flush together is tight?

yeah im sure it was all done good, could it be that maybe the crankshaft went bad when one of the preassure plates broke in half or maybe the flywheels bend? or could it be that the clutch was one of cheap ones ordered from eaby? what could happen if the tob is installed wrong??

Stocker 02-13-2012 09:30 PM

Did you not have the flywheel resurfaced when you installed the swap?

If the TOB is installed wrong, I'd think you would notice it pretty much immediately but I haven't done that (yet).

97dsscobra 02-14-2012 06:41 AM

Yeah flywheel was resurfaced, nd ill try one more time. Ill you know how it goes. Thanks for your help.

wheel_of_steel 02-14-2012 08:30 AM

As a desperate attempt not to remove the engine/trans, maybe unbolt the slave cylinder and peer inside the dust cover? It might hint at what is wrong, and if you run the car with no slave cylinder, you could rule out hydraulic/adjustment issues.

I can't say I've ever heard of this particular set of noises/conditions though. Is there a troubleshooting flowchart on webtech maybe?

97dsscobra 02-14-2012 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by wheel_of_steel (Post 650879)
As a desperate attempt not to remove the engine/trans, maybe unbolt the slave cylinder and peer inside the dust cover? It might hint at what is wrong, and if you run the car with no slave cylinder, you could rule out hydraulic/adjustment issues.

I can't say I've ever heard of this particular set of noises/conditions though. Is there a troubleshooting flowchart on webtech maybe?

what do you mean run the car without a slave cylinder..ive never heard of that.

im okay to try anything.

wheel_of_steel 02-14-2012 11:17 AM

That's exactly what I mean. Just don't press the clutch pedal while the slave cylinder is disconnected, or you'll be rebuilding that sucker!

97dsscobra 02-14-2012 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by wheel_of_steel (Post 650902)
That's exactly what I mean. Just don't press the clutch pedal while the slave cylinder is disconnected, or you'll be rebuilding that sucker!

Oh okay I thought you wanted me to do that... I got a little confused.