Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

short shifter hits shift plate

Old 02-23-2011, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon
Default short shifter hits shift plate

alright i have spent the last hour or so searching to see if anybody has posted pics or ideas on how to modify the shift plate.... i installed my new short shifter yesterday and come to find out when i have the shift plate on the shifter hits the plate when shifting into 1st,5th and reverse... not gonna lie i got it from ebay but it looks jus like the megan racing and ARK Short Shifters. so not a pile of junk i tried to get pics or a link posted of it but i can never remember how to do it

My link

well i think this might work but doubt it ill get pics posted of it for sure tonight
Old 02-23-2011, 12:52 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

You may need to adjust your shift linkages using the turnbuckles. You should see them when you take the shift plate off. Also, you may want to replace the shift bushings near the tranny. They are fairly easy to get to and a DIY is floating around here. I did that and replaced them with the skateboard bearings and it REALLY tightened up my shift pattern.