Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

Question about clutch and flywheel

Old 08-18-2011, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 Tiburon GT
Default Question about clutch and flywheel

Im going to be installing my new clutch and flywheel this weekend with a couple of friends and would like to know if you are supposed to re-use the OEM pilot bearing or do I use the one that comes with the clutch? and what kind of grease do you use to pack it?
Old 08-18-2011, 05:51 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

if you are talking abouth the throw out bearing-... i would use a light coating of grease-...

just enough to "wet" the metal-.... no more keep grease away from flywheel face and clutch surface.

check out the diy fir great referance!
Old 08-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Get a new OEM TOB (or valeo, same thing). It is not worth all the work to get back to it if the one you have is about to go out. Not to mention they are snapped into the pressure plate and a huge PITA to get loose.

I have never pulled a v6 trans, but I dont think they have a pilot bushing/bearing. The 4cyls do not for sure..
Old 08-19-2011, 09:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

petroleum grease made specifically for import vehicles, and apply to where parts come in contact with each other, (clutch fork, around release bearing, and around splines generously, mimic the motion of using the clutch release fork to get a good idea of where to apply it to cuz once the tranny is bolted back on there is no turning back from there and you will thank yourself later, also in between bushings of clutch release fork, if there were 1 spot i wouldnt want to miss it would be that one..

get a new clutch release bearing