Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

New clutch disc??

Old 08-27-2010, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon
Default New clutch disc??

Okay might be a dumb question but im really curious to know if I could just buy a new disc?? I found a brand new ACT 4 puck disc for 90 bucks. Would it be okay to run with the stock pressure plate?? most full clutch kits come with a release bearing im not really sure what this is but is it nessessery??

i'm at 97,xxx miles now, and its slipping in 3-5 gear pretty bad doesnt matter really how hard I accelerate, guess thats what i get for countless track runs and power shifting lol. but i need to buy a new disc asap. please help bowdown.gif
Old 08-29-2010, 04:47 PM

Vehicle: 2003 elantra

QUOTE (tibby01 @ Aug 27 2010, 01:25 PM)
Okay might be a dumb question but im really curious to know if I could just buy a new disc?? I found a brand new ACT 4 puck disc for 90 bucks. Would it be okay to run with the stock pressure plate?? most full clutch kits come with a release bearing im not really sure what this is but is it nessessery??

i'm at 97,xxx miles now, and its slipping in 3-5 gear pretty bad doesnt matter really how hard I accelerate, guess thats what i get for countless track runs and power shifting lol. but i need to buy a new disc asap. please help bowdown.gif

theoretically yes you can run a new clutch disc with that pressure plate but dont expect and gains at all... your clamping force will still be the same as stock or maybe a little less due to the wear and tear you've put on that pressure plate.. if its the original, id just replace the pp and disc and call it a day. no point in just doing a disc because your already in there and dont want to have to go in there again.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:19 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

lol

cheap ass