Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

KFX Performance (Short Shifter & Megasquirt) Question

Old 08-19-2012, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon RD1
Default KFX Performance (Short Shifter & Megasquirt) Question

So I just now ran across KFX Performance. Anyone buy from them before? I seen they sell a short shifter for a lot of different cars but namely for me a 97 tiburon short shifter. My question about that is from the picture it looks like the shifter is adjustable like the R-side ones, do they sell R-side shifters or something different? I'm really looking to get rid of my B&M one. Also I've been looking to upgrade the ECU and I see they sell megasquirt in a few different settings. I'm all N/A and have all my intake, exhaust, port and polish, etc. work done which level or stage would work best for me, not going turbo anytime soon so looking for a little input on the subject.

Thank you for the looks
Old 08-20-2012, 12:25 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

if your are staying NA dont bother with megasquirt

you might as well just get a SAFC since there is almost no amount of NA mods you can do to require a megasquirt

id get nitrous before a megasquirt if i were you
Old 08-20-2012, 01:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon Turbo

My Ms was pruchased from KFX and at time they were made per order so it was about 6 month wait but I have to say it was well worth it in the end however like stated above if your not drastically modded, like turbo and so on. MS is kind of a over kill at this point.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:59 PM

Ok not a prob, if I decide in the future to turbo the car then I'll look back into it. I'm at the end of my leash with this 97 tiburon, I'm hoping by jan I'll be rolling in a new genesis coupe. I'll still be keeping my 97 go cart tho, I'll never part with it.

Oh and did anyone get a chance to look at the short shifter they sell? If not the R-side one will it be better and shorten the throw more than my B&M one??
Old 08-20-2012, 04:05 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

My - DO NOT buy from KFX performance. The short shifter I bought off them fell apart while I was driving (no joke). The ball and shaft (hehe) were 2 pieces, garbage. Check out TWM shifters and bushings.

KFX also sold me (same order, delivered separately, months after the shifter arrived) lowering springs for my Accent that only fit a 4 door Kia Rio. NICE! They had them listed as fitting my car, I contacted them and was told I would be taken care of. I wasn't, and still have the springs. KFX still has my money . GREAT business.

Buyer beware.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by pas1216
My - DO NOT buy from KFX performance. The short shifter I bought off them fell apart while I was driving (no joke). The ball and shaft (hehe) were 2 pieces, garbage. Check out TWM shifters and bushings.

KFX also sold me (same order, delivered separately, months after the shifter arrived) lowering springs for my Accent that only fit a 4 door Kia Rio. NICE! They had them listed as fitting my car, I contacted them and was told I would be taken care of. I wasn't, and still have the springs. KFX still has my money . GREAT business.

Buyer beware.

Ok I'll check out TWM, pretty much any short shifter I get will be better than the B&M one I have currently from what I read. I believe the shifter that KFX sells is the same one as the OBX one on ebay, now looking at it more closely. Just wish I would of got in on that group buy a long time ago for the R-side advanced short throw. Also looking to upgrade a lot of the bushings so I'll look for that on the TWM site. Just got new neutral return spring for the hellavit off the dealership and a few odds and ends. I'm running out of things to do to my car, now I'm replacing things just cause the cars old and I want to keep working on the car.

Edit: Looks like no shifter for me and my 97 tiburon, guess I'm still stuck looking.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:03 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

meh ive rocked the b&m since 2001 and never had any complaints about it, its def better than the stock one

i guess if someone happen to give me a different one, id switch but for now, b&m it is

although some WORTHLESS DEGENERATE THIEF DECIDED TO STEAL MY SHIFT KNOB I HOPE YOU FALL IN A CAMPFIRE AND BURN YOUR FACE SO BAD YOUR WIFE TAKES THE KIDS AND LEAVES YOU FOR YOUR BROTHER YOU f*ck

/rant
Old 09-08-2012, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by faithofadragon
meh ive rocked the b&m since 2001 and never had any complaints about it, its def better than the stock one

i guess if someone happen to give me a different one, id switch but for now, b&m it is

although some WORTHLESS DEGENERATE THIEF DECIDED TO STEAL MY SHIFT KNOB I HOPE YOU FALL IN A CAMPFIRE AND BURN YOUR FACE SO BAD YOUR WIFE TAKES THE KIDS AND LEAVES YOU FOR YOUR BROTHER YOU f*ck

/rant

I actually went head and got the KFX short shifter, I read through a thread and seen redz had one and said to use locktight and had no problems after that so I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. I'll take a picture of the B&M, the KFX, and a stock shifter for comparison pictures.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:57 AM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

Hope that shifter actually makes it to your door. My springs took months to arrive, then wouldn't fit. I'm confused that you would give your money to a company that consistently screws people over in the Hyundai/Kia community!? Good luck.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:39 AM

Didn't know about the screw over from the company, only I've ever had problems with was shark racing. I got the shifter about two weeks ago but haven't got around to installing it yet. Ordered recently from Kspec also and no problems and I recieved my items pretty fast.