Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

Fidanza Flywheel

Old 03-10-2014, 04:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Tiburon
Default Fidanza Flywheel

Hello fellow tib owners. I have been searching for an asnwer to my question which is what is the proper way to replace the gear ring on the aluminum fidanza flywheel. Some say you un-do the screws in the back others say it has to be heat treated. Any input to this question would be much appreciated.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

What does Fidanza say?
Old 02-24-2015, 07:12 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

You typically have to send it in and they will take care of it for you. The rivets are a secondary holding mechanism. The ring gear is also a press fit that I believe they heat up and install.

I think it cost around $70-80 to have it replaced including return shipping about a year ago.

I had to have it changed because my starter was grinding and not turning the engine over consistently. The teeth on the ring gear had rounded off enough that it caused this issue.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

I would let them do it. There have already been some aluminum flywheels with ring gear separation issues. If they do it and it breaks its on them.