Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Transmission, Clutches, Shifters (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/transmission-clutches-shifters-30/)
-   -   Clutch issues (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/transmission-clutches-shifters-30/clutch-issues-59674/)

97redtib 01-23-2011 10:26 PM

Clutch issues

Ugh...what a night! So my clutch felt kinda odd today and it felt like it was grinding. Well it had stopped but when i went to leave work tonight it started acting up again and all of a sudden my clutch wont engage at all. It wont go down so I can start my car. Im hoping its an easy fix and that its either the fluid or something else. I cant afford this right now!! Does anyone have any other ideas??? My fiance and his dad are gonna take it apart and look at it tomorrow but im really hoping its nothing too serious...its only a 3y/o clutch :angry:

WytchDctr 01-23-2011 10:48 PM

the clutch pedal isn't going to the floor?

(I moved the thread for you and got rid of the other post)

Turboron_99 01-23-2011 10:51 PM

Toasted TOB, this happened to me, LOL the clutch felt like garbage, and i neglected to stop and check it out, then the clutch got stuck with the clutch fully engaged and I couldnt shift. lol took it apart, and R&R the TOB, then all was well again!

97redtib 01-24-2011 10:21 AM

thanks for moving the thread.

its been awhile since i have been on so my mind is not working. What is the TOB and what did you have to do?? I should say my car is a 97 Tiburon FX also.

97redtib 01-24-2011 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by 97redtib (Post 615720)
thanks for moving the thread.

its been awhile since i have been on so my mind is not working. What is the TOB and what did you have to do?? I should say my car is a 97 Tiburon FX also.

my pedal is stuck all the way up not engaged where you would shift. so it wont go to the floor at all

Stocker 01-24-2011 12:37 PM

If you disconnect the slave cylinder from the linkage on top of the throwout fork, can you depress the pedal? If so, and if the rod end of the slave cylinder pokes out, the hydraulics are likely ok. That leaves the throwout bearing or something much more difficult as the possible culprits.

187sks 01-24-2011 12:52 PM

:yeahthat:

Turboron_99 01-24-2011 01:27 PM

I know what car you have, lol I meet you last time at the yearly, i am the guy with the red RD!

WytchDctr 01-24-2011 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 615731)
If you disconnect the slave cylinder from the linkage on top of the throwout fork, can you depress the pedal? If so, and if the rod end of the slave cylinder pokes out, the hydraulics are likely ok. That leaves the throwout bearing or something much more difficult as the possible culprits.

this.

If its not hydraulic you are going to have to take the trans off. That is where you will find the TOB (throw out bearing). The TOB itself is cheap, but it would suck to tear it apart that far without replacing the clutch/pp along with it. I hope it is something simple

97redtib 01-24-2011 08:53 PM

is it possible its the pressure plate??