Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

Axles

Old 04-30-2011, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axles

Does anyone know who sells axles that can handle boost and hard launches
Old 04-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

The stock axles are very strong, at least as strong as the stock bottom end of the engine. If you need to go with something stronger yet, it is probably going to be both custom and expensive. I'm not saying nobody makes replacement axles but I haven't heard of them being a regular offering for the RD or even a common custom part for a WHILE.

That said, a custom driveline fabrication shop shouldn't have any trouble making exactly what you need.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Stocker
The stock axles are very strong, at least as strong as the stock bottom end of the engine. If you need to go with something stronger yet, it is probably going to be both custom and expensive. I'm not saying nobody makes replacement axles but I haven't heard of them being a regular offering for the RD or even a common custom part for a WHILE.

That said, a custom driveline fabrication shop shouldn't have any trouble making exactly what you need.

Really, I never knew these axles were strong, i thought they would break like Hondas do
Old 05-06-2011, 07:05 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Oh they break..
Old 05-07-2011, 07:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon Turbo

I havent seen anyone post anything about breaking axles that I can ever remember. I have full blown slicks and extremely hard launches at the track and in the 5 yrs of being boosted and drag racing half the year mine are holding in there wonderfully. Oh and 1.7-1.8 60' ft. should let you know really quick if they aren't gonna hold after too long.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Originally Posted by Patreezy
Oh they break..

I LOL'd. Sure they break. Get a good half second of wheel hop on sticky tires at, oh, 500 or 700 horsepower, they'll snap like a candy cane! I don't know how strong (or not) Honda specs their axles, but Hyundai made 'em plenty beefy for even moderate power output.