Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

99 Accent auto to manual swap

Old 08-17-2014, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default 99 Accent auto to manual swap

Hi,

I posted a notice in the classified wanted section for some help on parts we need to complete this project.

We're doing my son's 99 Accent over from an automatic to manual. We have all the parts except for a few and the dealers are no help since they are "discontinued" parts.

We need two mounting brackets that attached to the manual transmission. The one on the top that is right behind/under the battery and the one on the lower back of the transmission. We have the rubber mount parts. The same ones attached to the old automatic are different.

leave a PM if you have either of these or know someone who does.

thanks,

David
Old 08-19-2014, 06:08 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you're swapping in a manual, you should just go all out and do a complete Beta swap (RD1/RD2 Tiburon engine and tranny). It's almost a direct swap and your son will enjoy the car MUCH much more!
Old 08-31-2014, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Originally Posted by Visionz
If you're swapping in a manual, you should just go all out and do a complete Beta swap (RD1/RD2 Tiburon engine and tranny). It's almost a direct swap and your son will enjoy the car MUCH much more!

We had thought about this since we had a 2001 Tiburon that would have been a great donor car. We ended up selling that after we decided to keep the Accent engine and just get a new trans for it. Given the insanity of getting cars through emissions testing in NJ we thought that might be the best route. At this point I think he's given up on this and is thinking of selling off all the parts he bought for it. There's a long list of new parts and the tranny is new not a rebuilt. If anyone is interested in the parts or the whole car with the parts PM me. We were thinking if he could get $750 back out of it he'd be happy.

-David